BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i did a complete header install, and simmed the post cats properly. That night i was driving on the highway and coasted in neutral after i exited (about 2 am completely empty road). My CEL light comes on, I am like :ben:. I chekc the codes and it seems the sim is ok since I get the fallowing codes. What does that even mean? the car runs great, pulls hard, drove home just fine from that point.

P1182 O2 Sensor(Bank 1 Sensor 2) Open Circuit During Coast Down Fuel Cut-off
P1183 O2 Sensor(Bank 2 Sensor 2) Open Circuit During Coast Down Fuel Cut-off

These refer to the simmed post cat o2 sensors right? they were relocated to the drug bin so they cant be sensing anything.

What is this? how do i fix this? give me a good solution and I will add it to my everything you need to know about headers thread.

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how is it this thread only has 125 views.... i really need help guys, there has to be someone who can help.

·
Keep it clean
8,047 Posts
So, your post cat O2s are in your drug bin, not in the headers, right?

Have you considered cutting the wires to the sim and seeing how it goes? Rule something out that way.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When i get some time off from work iam simply going to unplug the simmed ones and see what happens, or disconnect tyhe power to the o2 sim and see whats up so theheater circuit stays there. basicaly when i ran a software scan it showed the heater circuit was fine, but the o2 and catalyst was not.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sooo whats the difference in a CEL and a SES light?
Not really sure. the CEL is the one thats sort of shaped like an engine. i thinkthey may be different names for the same thing.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah they are the same thing. I think the older model e46s had the engine shaped light and the newer ones ~(01) have SES
ya its all the same in the end.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Check Engine Light (CEL) = Service Engine Soon (SES) Light = Emissions Malfunction Light (EML) = Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL). Did I miss one?
yuou got them. gonna disconnect that stupid sim tonight and see whats up.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so after doing some research about this i have come to a few conclusions.

1. MY o2 sim pulses between .1V and .3V pretty slowly (1.2 seconds)
2. My buddys stock 330i stays between about .4 and.5V pretty constantly.

This means either I have the wrong sim or something else is up. I would appreciate it if people out there with sims could measure their voltages and get abck to me about whats going on with their sims.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Sorry if this is misplaced but why is there a sense of irony when your posting this with a link to a header CEL fix in your sig! haha:banghead:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry if this is misplaced but why is there a sense of irony when your posting this with a link to a header CEL fix in your sig! haha:banghead:
i really should remove that. it was an idea i had in the past and it didnt really work well, but i made a DIY anyhow...and shoudl pull it from sig.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Did you ever figure this out. I too have headers on a 2000 323Ci and have my O2 sensors relocated under the hood. I get p1182 and p1183 and p0105. All 02 sensor codes. I'm about to figure this out ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1451005300.743879.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts