BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CEL came on and I brought it into autozone and the P1182 code came up (02 Sensor (bank1 sensor 2) open circuit during coast down fuel cut-off) Any one know whats wrong with my 2000 BMW 328CI and how to fix it? Also not sure if this is part of the problem but when the car is first started in the morning and its cold it starts out idling fine but about 1 min into idle it starts chugging like its going to die then revs then drops again and sometime even cuts off. I was thinking maybe fuel filter, but also got a fuel error here so maybe it's something bigger any ideas? Thanks...

·
Registered
14,064 Posts
O2 sensors are an easy DIY. Have a search in the DIY section, there are a few writeups. I've done mine, and it's not terribly hard. Just put aside an weekend afternoon and you'll save yourself a few hundred dollars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O2 Sensor huh?

So you guys think I just need to replace my O2 sensor? Thats what is setting off the CEL and causing the idleing problems?

·
Registered
34 Posts
O2 Sensors Which is which?

Does anyone know which o2 sensor is which? Bank one sensors; is the forward (towards front of vehicle) sensor one or two ? Which post cat sensor is one and which one is two. Why replace both when only one is bad and throwing a code?:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts