BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
49 Posts
0102 and 0369 code

yeah works good but i bought an aftermarket jl germany sensor for $39 and next day light came back on and it said 0369 and 0102 anyone know why? is it because that sensor and why did my 0102 code come on? is it related? can any help?

·
Banned
1,169 Posts
yeah works good but i bought an aftermarket jl germany sensor for $39 and next day light came back on and it said 0369 and 0102 anyone know why? is it because that sensor and why did my 0102 code come on? is it related? can any help?
JL Germany sensors are junk...that was your first mistake.

SAE Code P0102
DTC Code 16486
Description Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input

Visually check all of your vacuum hoses for tears / cracks / holes.

I carry OEM Cam sensors if you need them.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I replaced mine with one from Bavauto, it did not have a name on it, since then I have had a stutter when shutting the car off, I think I will replace it with an OEM one, sometimes I turn off the car and it shutters and knocks for a second

One question...what does FEBI stand for or is that a brand name?...thanks

·
Registered
559 Posts
THe size of my bavauto one was much different than the OEM, much fatter, I wonder if it is what is causing P0102 and my stutter on shutdown.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Demon-Eyes, thanks for the post!!! my sensor died on my 2001 330ci at 35k miles. Your awesome DIY is just what I needed; worked like a charm! You da man...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Is a great DIY but I cannot get the plug off. I then tried to use some large pliers to help and one of the prongs broke off. Not exactly sure what to do at this point.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is a great DIY but I cannot get the plug off. I then tried to use some large pliers to help and one of the prongs broke off. Not exactly sure what to do at this point.
Good to hear I'm not the only knuckle head who broke the prongs with a big wrench! I still haven't been able to get the darn thing off. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking it might be easier to unbolt it, then try and take it off... But I'd also like to replace the whole wire assembly since I snapped it. Not sure where the cable leads to yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks Demon Eyes Kyo. This is a great DYI.

I got the same error code and replaced that part and my car runs better and the code no longer there.
Parts including "o" ring cost me $126.

It's a tight spot, so it took me about an hour and half, because I had to use a socket wrench with a 5mm hex and extensions to reach the hex screw.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks Demon-Eye, it looks pretty easy on your pictures, but when i pull out the cable connector and i saw kinda of motor oil on the sensor connector where attached to the cable wire connector. which still bolt tight in . is this normal..??

my CEL comes on and off and i my wagon runs fine but just notice of low fuel mileage about 18mpg in local streets. is this cause of the sensor..?? I do read po365 error code.

my concern is the oil...please help..anyone knows..??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Obd ii scanner

I JUST BOUGHT CP9575, WHICH REPLACE MY OLD 9125.

I DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH I CAN GET FROM THIS NEW SCANNER, I STILL LEARNING FROM THIS NEW DEVICE AND TRY TO DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE AND COMMUNICATE INBETWEEN.

THERE IS ALOT TO LEARN, IS ANYONE OR WEBPAGE CAN SHOW ALL FUNCTIONS ABOUT THIS CP9575...???

THANKS,
:eeps:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I JUST BOUGHT CP9575, WHICH REPLACE MY OLD 9125.

I DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH I CAN GET FROM THIS NEW SCANNER, I STILL LEARNING FROM THIS NEW DEVICE AND TRY TO DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE AND COMMUNICATE INBETWEEN.

THERE IS ALOT TO LEARN, IS ANYONE OR WEBPAGE CAN SHOW ALL FUNCTIONS ABOUT THIS CP9575...???

THANKS,
:eeps:
Please - stop with the all caps - it is shouting and makes it hard to read.

I have an Actron - the manual is pretty good - start there. Then google Actron CP9575 functions - there are probably Youtube videos of the things it can do...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I still cant find anywhere about how to learn live data of my scanner cp9575,

youtube just show simple explanation of the functionalities,.......

Please anyone can explain how to read live datas...??

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had some sluggishness in performance under 40MPH, especially at take off. Since replacing the sensor this is not an issue. I was glad to see this post still up. It help me to R&R my Sensor on my own. It was easy with the right tools. I had a flat headed 3/8 drive ratchet with a 5mm socket to hold the 5mm hex and it came right out. Easy.

Thanks for the pics of the part location and the part itself. The new part looks a little different than the old, but it is correct. The pic of the new part helped ease some initial concern that I had gotten the wrong part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very Helpful

Thank you Demon Eyes Kyo for the detailed DIY. Just completed this project on my '01 with 143K. Bought OEM as most suggested. $121 plus $1.68 for the "o" ring. Half an hour and I'm back on the road.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got the P0365 code.
Tested the sensor. Got 0V when a piece of metal is in front of it and 5V when it was removed.
Pulled the solenoid and tested it with a AA battery, and the pin moved out as it should.
I clear the code with my code reader and it always comes back after about 10-15 minutes of driving.
By looking at other threads, the VANOS seals look like a likely culprit.
Sooooo....Is there any further troubleshooting and simple things I can look into before ripping into the damn VANOS?

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

21 - 39 of 39 Posts