BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I drive a 2002 BMW M3 and it just started throwing some codes out of the blue. P0300 and P0306 when I looked them up it was cylinder 6 misfire, and random/multiple cylinder misfire. I checked the coils with the meter and they all read 1.1-1.2 ohms ;. Which is good. Then i replaced the spark plugs with the NGK platinum lasers. I took her out and she is still having the same issues. She is very sluggish/ bucky, and when i press the accelorator it is like she has no power. I poured some fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank and nothing is really happening. Does anyone have any ideas. This is killing me I can't figure out the issue.

Thanks,
Anthony C

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I drive a 2002 BMW M3 and it just started throwing some codes out of the blue. P0300 and P0306 when I looked them up it was cylinder 6 misfire, and random/multiple cylinder misfire. I checked the coils with the meter and they all read 1.1-1.2 ***937;. Which is good. Then i replaced the spark plugs with the NGK platinum lasers. I took her out and she is still having the same issues. She is very sluggish/ bucky, and when i press the accelorator it is like she has no power. I poured some fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank and nothing is really happening. Does anyone have any ideas. This is killing me I can't figure out the issue.

Thanks,
Anthony C
Check the throttle body. I think M3's have one for each cylinder? Not sure :hmm:

Other things you might wanna check are the fuel filter and the oxygen sensors.

Faulty oxygen sensors can cause misfire from what I have experience in my car. E46's have complex electrical layout.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts