Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gary help!! lol

do they make oz anteras in 18 chromies?

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Not sure on that one. OZ makes a lot of wheels that we don't carry or are not familiar with. Its also a possibility that someone had them chromed by someone after they were purchased.

·
Formerly know as phatbimma
1,284 Posts
Chrome should be available in the US, I´ve seen it on their website http://www.ozracing.com/usa/home.php

Not overhere in Europe though, I polished mine to mirrror finish, that way there also lighter then the chrome ones...:D :D

Hope that helps...

Steve

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
phatbimma said:
I polished mine to mirrror finish, that way there also lighter then the chrome ones...:D :D

Steve
How did you do this? Could I do this to my silver painted Visions? Im planning on doing something to my rims this winter. So I got about 3 months to do something.

·
Formerly know as phatbimma
1,284 Posts
Mr.Stream said:

How did you do this? Could I do this to my silver painted Visions? Im planning on doing something to my rims this winter. So I got about 3 months to do something.

You have to get the paint removed (Dont know what they call it in english) so the wheel becomes bare metal (in its rough state) then you can start polishing with an abrasive substance which im sure you ll find in any hardwarestore, and then its just elbow grease till you get a perfect mirror finish and an even one too...

hope that helps

P.S. you could also take it to a shop that does wheel refurbishments they should be able to machine the spokes and out lip etc which could give an e46 M3 OEM 19" effect if you like, or you can then do the harder parts yourself where the machine cant get to....

steve

have fun
(its a pain in the A55)

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Thanx alot Steve.
Im seriously thinking of doing this.
But isnt it a good idea to get some layers of clearcoat after the work?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts