BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
Wich it's the best oxygen sensor between Bosch and NGK for my car - E46 330i 2003 petrol.I don't want to buy genuine bmw sensor it's to expensive.

·
Registered
292 Posts
i always liked bosch. never had a problem with any of their items. i'm due for an o2 sensor DIY soon and i'll most likely be using bosch.

·
Vendor
13,153 Posts
As stated above BOSCH is the OEM supplier to BMW.

We have OEM and BOSCH replacements available below...

Click HERE for more information.

Please let us know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Best,
Joe

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
NTK is the OEM supplier. Bosch aftermarket relabels them.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
  • NTK makes them.
  • BOSCH re-boxes them.
  • BMW re-labels the BOSCH.
The moral of the story is...

Dont buy BMW stamped O2 sensors ($200/each).

Buy BOSCH O2 sensors. ($65/each)

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
no not all are 65...if u have sulev with wideband the cheapest is about 120 each

Good point. The later yrs (03/03 and on) are more expensive.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
BTW, does anyone know why the later yr e46 O2 sensors are so much more expensive. What is it about their design that makes them cost so much more. I wonder if the ones used in the older e46 (like mine for $65) are somehow less technologically advanced or something. Or, it could be that just like text books in college, they need a "new" edition to sell more. Like, since the contract with the first set of O2 sensors was expired, so they can be sold as BOSCH, cheaper and sooner. Meanwhile, BMW can still make money on the purchase of new "BMW" O2 sensors, while the old exclusivity "contract" expires. They just tweak something minor in the newer model and get to sell it for so much more. This is all just a marketing POV, of course. Maybe there really is something which makes them expensive due to superior capabilities or materials.

·
Just Nuts
7,253 Posts
BTW, does anyone know why the later yr e46 O2 sensors are so much more expensive. What is it about their design that makes them cost so much more. I wonder if the ones used in the older e46 (like mine for $65) are somehow less technologically advanced or something. Or, it could be that just like text books in college, they need a "new" edition to sell more. Like, since the contract with the first set of O2 sensors was expired, so they can be sold as BOSCH, cheaper and sooner. Meanwhile, BMW can still make money on the purchase of new "BMW" O2 sensors, while the old exclusivity "contract" expires. They just tweak something minor in the newer model and get to sell it for so much more. This is all just a marketing POV, of course. Maybe there really is something which makes them expensive due to superior capabilities or materials.
I can confirm my O2's are more technologically advanced. They have 119k on them and run like brand new, despite shop people here telling me they are dead at 100k. Essentially, mine are lifetime parts.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I can confirm my O2's are more technologically advanced. They have 119k on them and run like brand new, despite shop people here telling me they are dead at 100k. Essentially, mine are lifetime parts.
You can keep your O2's until they disintegrate, much like I do with underwear. If they still leave you feeling campy, then why make the change. :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts