BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a four door 2001 325i manual. It has black interior and came like that from factory. I was wondering how common this was? :pimpin:

·
Registered
'02 330i 5-Speed
5,262 Posts
Oxford Green was a rare color for E46s in general (as opposed to E34s where it's as common as mud), so it's probably safe to assume there aren't too many E46s that share your color combo.

If there's a source for actual production numbers, I'm unaware of it. Others might know.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'd say not too common. Let's see some pictures!

A rare one would be an Oxford Green ZHP Slicktop on Natural Brown.:str8pimpi

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,550 Posts
Does the Natural brown interior come in the M's???
no they got a really cool looking Napa leather called "Cinnamon".

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,550 Posts
I have a four door 2001 325i manual. It has black interior and came like that from factory. I was wondering how common this was?
not too common. reason being Oxford Green wasn't a very popular ordered color. 3/01 was the first of the color iirc. it replaced the earlier Fern Green. black, gray and sand were the offered color choices with green exterior.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also forgot to mention that the trim is also black. I know Oxford is rare but what I think is rare is the interior. Most dark bmw's from the year 2001 have tan interior and brown trim. I have black leather with black trim.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,550 Posts
I also forgot to mention that the trim is also black. I know Oxford is rare but what I think is rare is the interior. Most dark bmw's from the year 2001 have tan interior and brown trim. I have black leather with black trim.

there are only certain color interiors offered for their outside car color. as i said, Black, Sand and Gray were the choices available when Oxford Green was selected. now if someone ordered the ZPP (Premium Package) they got the Wood trim as part of that package. with certain base interior colors, you could only select certain trim colors. on the early 325i i'd bet Gloss Black was the default trim color for Black interior. and i'm betting since it's black and not the ZPP Wood trim, you have fake leather (Leatherette) material for your seats.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,550 Posts
we can pull that up with the VIN too.
but just let the hubby do it and get some kudos from you. :thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hubby said its real leather, I believe I have the Cold weather package. The car features the pass-through seat ski bag, and the fold down rear seat.
Its an odd lil bimmer.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,550 Posts
Hubby said its real leather, I believe I have the Cold weather package. The car features the pass-through seat ski bag, and the fold down rear seat.
Its an odd lil bimmer.
it would also have heated seats then

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2001 did not offer heated seats, headlights washers, and side mirror heaters.
Even if they did offer heated seats in 2001. Why does mine not have heated seats, yet it has a ski bag?:idea:

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,550 Posts
2001 did not offer heated seats, headlights washers, and side mirror heaters.
Even if they did offer heated seats in 2001. Why does mine not have heated seats, yet it has a ski bag?:idea:
i guess you know more than me. even though i bought an E46 brand new in 2000.
think about it, you think they didn't have heated seats in the E46 when they had them decades ago in the e30...:rolleyes:

i'm not even going to post a photo of my E46 3 Series Brochure with the heated seats as an option. :tsk:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not saying I know more im just stating the facts... ski bag, no heated seats...
idk why, obviously you don't either...

·
Registered
26,261 Posts
My '99 has heated seats...and it's in the most beautiful Green...Fern Green Metallic.

I loved the green so much I painted my tires the same color. Everyone laughs at me here for doing that, but they attract a lot of attention. A lot. Everyone must love them because they're always asking me things like, "Um, did you paint your tires?"

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,550 Posts
Not saying I know more im just stating the facts... ski bag, no heated seats...
idk why, obviously you don't either...
i do know. certain parts of that package were also offered as "stand alone options". :hi:
as i mentioned early on, if you provided us your VIN were could have pulled up your specs from BMW.

·
Registered
28,448 Posts
Oxford green? Still haven't seen any pics OP. The ones you posted appear to be abstract closeups of the chrome door handle. We all know what the door handle looks like! haha

Also:

Famous Dmax's Famous E46 (FDFE for short) was featured on Famous Mango's Famous FB page. Did anyone see? https://www.facebook.com/e46mango/

I'll feature another E46 soon! I have a few in mind! Oh boy!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts