E46 Fanatics Forum banner

overheating?

766 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  kykyky 
#1 ·
My 325i E46 motor 2002 model I've been having problems with the temperature gauge going into overheat so I've changed the thermostat that was not working all this happened as in the winter time of November and December there was no heat working in the car when I put it on 80°, it did not heat up I did not get any over temperature in the morning lights so I continue to drive the car until the springtime which was in something like March the temperature gauge went into overheat before we change the thermostat after we replaced the thermostat after that I drove it and the temperature gauge went on red as overheating it said so we bought a bottom temperature gauge to replace because the water is flowing and not stopped up in the system with no leaks at this time it is running over 110° c i put an external temperature gauge in it and it went into alarm and 110 c or at the red line where the alarm went on in my temperature gauge the one in the car would stay on after it run for about a half an hour idling the red light would come on in the car for over temperature I think it's the motor temperature gauge that's bad I guess

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.