E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need some opinions. I replaced my lower rad hose and sensor today and drained my radiator to cut down on spillage. I then bled the system with the key in "on" position with the heater on 91 on the lowest fan speed and added water and cooling fluid. I drove it around the neighborhood and the coolent light flashed. A block away from my house it ran hot to the red zone. I coasted home with no acceleration and the needle dropped back down to normal immediately and was back to normal before I got to the end of the block . I arrived home, parked the car and added more fluid/water and bled the system until only liquid ran from the bleeder screw as the car ran, so the fluids would circulate. I have driven the car, waited in the drive thru, got it up to 70mph (in the city) and the needle stays in the center as normal and has not overheated again. Should I be worried about anything catastropic?:facepalm:

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
nah. the first fill you didnt fill it up all the way.
heater core needs to be bleed with heater on full and engine running. just key on wont get the air out. I found this out during replacing heater control valve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts