E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here. I've benefited a lot from the DIYs you guys share.

My recent issue is with the trunk release. Used to work just fine on the outside. Now, I am unable to get the trunk open from the outside (doors unlocked) or from the keyfob. However, my interior trunk release button under the dash works. I've eliminated that problem, as well as the key fob (since holding the trunk button down triggers the alarm).

I also ensured the the glove box is not locked and the trunk cylinder is in standard mode (up & down, not valet).

None of the current posts showed a solution. Hoping you guys have had any experience with it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Check wiring harness between boot lid and chassis. In my fathers car that boot lid trunk release button did not work. There was 1 wire broken in harness.

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
27,004 Posts
See my thread entitled "elephant trunk"...prior post is suggesting your issue is in that loom...and it probably is. Read my thread...you don't have to cut open the rubber boot to get to the wires.

hth

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See my thread entitled "elephant trunk"...prior post is suggesting your issue is in that loom...and it probably is. Read my thread...you don't have to cut open the rubber boot to get to the wires.

hth
Thanks dmax. Do you have a link?

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
27,004 Posts
Search Advanced Search then see 'thread title' under keyword search. Use that here first when looking for anything...it'll save you a lot of time!

Feel free to PM me if you want more details.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is an easy one your micro clip is broken in your boot handle strip which includes your number plate lights did the same thing to me (locking my keys in boot at a petrol station) buy the whole part from a breakers no need to strip the inside of the boot out either, 4 torque head two retaining clips each end and it should just pull out with a good bit of spare wire to allow you to I clip the connector and refit sorted.

Mine was £30 maybe $43 in your currency and it was colour coded sweet!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts