E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
17,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There comes a time in the life of competitors when they must re-evaluate their positions and decide what is best for the very stakeholders they hope to serve. This happens very frequently in the corporate world and the the high stakes games of high finance. While this announcement is no where near that scale, it does follow the general guidelines of a friendly merger.

While many of you are not technically shareholders in a corporation, you are all stakeholders in the E46fanatics community, and on a larger scale, you are also part of the BMW community. As this community grows, it develops “niches” that allow each of the members to maintain their individuality while still allowing for a strong sense of belonging to a greater “team”. As BMW enthusiasts first, and e46fanatics second, we are all encouraged to do things that benefit the community.

We are very pleased to announce the partnership of Vince Ko, known here as VinnyMac, with Umnitza, Inc. to become the retailers of Apexcone.com products, DDE (Daylight Demon Eyes) in particular. We have been discussing the needs of the community and the direction of the angel eyes product, and believe that we have come up with a way to bring the community together. With Apexcone.com, we are able to get timely manufacturing support, great continued product development, and quality products. This merger in no way impacts or supplants any of the existing relationships that Umnitza, Inc. or Apexcone.com has with its current retailers (who provide extremely pointed value added services in their own right.

In the past, we have had too many discussions regarding the valuation of our respective products and that only served to divide the team of E46fanatics. Together, we join, to bring greater value to the group. How do we intend to do this?

Apexcone.com and Umnitza are in discussions with Herb Tan of FiberDesign to begin a slow, steady, deliberate transition to a singular service model, one that will allow for even greater levels of service to the E46fanatics community. Vince will continue to service and support Daytime Angel Eyes™ customers. He will also take on the role of sales/service/support for the Daylight Demon Eyes™ product suite. It is our intention to make this transition smooth and transparent to the customer and allows the community to benefit from the highest quality products, upgrades, and service.

Additionally, we do not ask you to “change your spots” or your allegiance to a company (person) overnight. Throughout the transition, we will answer questions privately or publicly via this thread, as permitted. This transition phase will allow us to begin a completely open communication (as much as possible) with each product’s customers.

Finally, some of you may have some initial questions that we would like to address:

1) Why are you doing this?
a. It’s a natural course of events. It’s part of how businesses evolve and how the market consolidates. Companies form relationships where synergies exist.
b. We want to end any disagreements, which are detrimental to the community.
c. We have mutually agreeable ideas about how to treat the customer

2) When are you doing this?
a. Effective March 1st. Other details to follow

3) I just bought a [insert product name here] what does it mean?
a. If you purchased DDE, you can now receive support from two sources – Vince and Umnitza
b. If you purchased DAE, you can continue to receive support from Vince.
c. If you have purchased a FiberDesign product not related to the DAE/DDE product please contact Herb Tan directly.

4) Who do I call?
a. Ghostbusters
b. Vince or Umnitza are available.

Signed:
Vince Ko aka VinnyMac
&
Matt Grintsaig @ Umnitza
&
Jim Powell @ Apexcone.com

·
Registered
176 Posts
This is great news! Finally, no more arguing! I hear that enough from my fourth grade students! I have to be honest, I wish I had bought DDE instead of DAE (the latest version of DDE is amazing!). Good luck with the partnership!

·
Beware of pwner
1,713 Posts
I think it's great. I felt the arguing was getting tiresome.

When two competitors join their resources how can the product not get better.

Besides, some people are complaining that they are too bright already . . . not me though.

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
6,696 Posts
Thanks for the support. :D

I believe this is a good move in the right direction. This allows us to provide the best customer service for a great product.

FYI. I will be out of town from 3/5/03 until 3/10/03. I will not have access to email or the Internet so please bare with me and give me time to respond to emails and PM's.

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
17,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, thanks to some of you for your support.

To those of you that believe this will lead to artificial price increases, it won't.

The product does fit. We are making great strides. Now, we get to make them together.

·
SBBMotorwerks
416 Posts
Will this allow you to take advantage of economies of scale? Umnitza had a certain volume and so did FiberDesign....when you combine those volumes under one organization, wouldn't that then allow for actual price drops???

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.