E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well on the way home yesterday with my niece and nerdy girlfriend, i was comming accross a curve with no cars... i took dsc off and accilerated like they do on the video... any way to make story short, i almost crashed into the ramp about 3 times.... it was VERY SCARY... on the way of my perfecional steering (that saved us) i accidently pulled the thing on the right of the stearing wheel. you know the signal stick. the one you signal left and right. the one you do your high beam... anyway i broke it off. how much will it cost me for my stealership to repair it. thanks.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
god bmw is such a ripoff... 50$ for a piece of plastic.

thank god you are alright though. never turn off DSC in turns or narrow roads unless you are on a huge track with no walls for 1/4 mile in each direction.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Nico3k said:
god bmw is such a ripoff... 50$ for a piece of plastic.

thank god you are alright though. never turn off DSC in turns or narrow roads unless you are on a huge track with no walls for 1/4 mile in each direction.

I always read these threads with amazement.... "I took my DSC off and crashed my car"

If you are not a PRO dont f*cking turn it off. Save yourself and OTHERS. :argue:

·
Read Only
12,638 Posts
happy to see you and the people in car was ok

and happy your car was nearly ok to..... but you should never take off the dsc unless you have plenty of room around you.
remember that for the next time....
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
switching off DSC isn't what crashes cars, it's the driver. If you crash without DSC on, you were already too fast for that corner or were accellerating too hard already.

Switching off DSC isn't a problem at all, you just need to know what to do when the tail comes around.

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,290 Posts
Tommy_hf said:
Switching off DSC isn't a problem at all, you just need to know what to do when the tail comes around.
Get on the gas and countersteer. :eeps: ;)

·
Mod Squad
9,480 Posts
Tommy_hf said:
switching off DSC isn't what crashes cars, it's the driver. If you crash without DSC on, you were already too fast for that corner or were accellerating too hard already.

:werd:

I'm glad nothing really bad happened to your car and the people in it. I hope you learned a lil' something from this. :)

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes i did... My girl never stopped talking about it the whole... sucked.. But i was nearly about to crash my car... thank GOD i didn't... and everyone was ok... Well i will take it to the dealership this week comming up... Thank God it's not like $100 bucks... i'm short on cash... I will NEVER take dsc off again.. Unless again i'm racing in a straight line with nobody around. Thanks every for your support and comments. well gotta take my girl home... Talk to you bros next time... BTW i raced a nissan Z and lost last night.. I KNOW I KNOW THAT CAR IS FASTER THAN MINE... I JUST WANTED TO F WITH HIM... IT WAS MY FRIEND. peace everyone.

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah i was running stock. Anyway yeah dude i ment my left sorry. I called my dealership and they told me it's under the warranty. thanks everyone.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If the road is clear and you are by yourself then by all means wreck yourself. But for the love of god man what the hell were you thinking with your girl and neice in the car? You want to risk some crap for thrills that might kill your neice and your girlfriend? And you are worried about how much a damn turn signal lever costs, what the hell man. When you are driving others in you car, especially kids like your neice, you better use your brain because you are responsible for them. Grow the **** up.

·
Registered
748 Posts
elmoe said:
If the road is clear and you are by yourself then by all means wreck yourself. But for the love of god man what the hell were you thinking with your girl and neice in the car? You want to risk some crap for thrills that might kill your neice and your girlfriend? And you are worried about how much a damn turn signal lever costs, what the hell man. When you are driving others in you car, especially kids like your neice, you better use your brain because you are responsible for them. Grow the **** up.
:werd: I saw an accident scene the other day with a dead body still on the ground. Seems like a passenger of a T-bone accident between a Chevy SUV and E-class. The SUV was rolled on the side and ended up a curb while the front end of the E was smashed all the way to the windshield. It was an eerie scene and I couldn't imagine what the driver of the SUV would feel if they survived the crash while the passenger died. The way everything was layed out, seemed like the SUV was making a left onto the road. If you want to risk your life, may sure it's only your life at risk.

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
Thank you for providing a smile to my morning.

·
Banned
1,544 Posts
Billmister said:
well on the way home yesterday with my niece and nerdy girlfriend, i was comming accross a curve with no cars... i took dsc off and accilerated like they do on the video... any way to make story short, i almost crashed into the ramp about 3 times.... it was VERY SCARY... on the way of my perfecional steering (that saved us) i accidently pulled the thing on the right of the stearing wheel. you know the signal stick. the one you signal left and right. the one you do your high beam... anyway i broke it off. how much will it cost me for my stealership to repair it. thanks.
It takes a real man to admit your mistakes. Especially to such a critical bunch of fanatics. I'm glad you learned your lesson without any serious damage or physical pain.

Feel free to practice driving in a large parking lot with DSC off. That way you'll know what to expect next time. This type of thing can happen with DSC off too y'know...

Your best defense is experience. Experience is what we call our mistakes.

·
Banned
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
elmoe said:
Dude i totally understand your point. I admit it was stupid of me.. To tell you the truth i was not expecting to swerve out of control... I was on a curv and accilerating.. I though the most would happen was my back would swing a little and that's it... but when it god out of control i tried as much as possible to stop it. I do know it was the most stupidest thing i've done and next time i shouldn't do it, especially when my family member or anyone i care for in the car. They know i'm sorry i made it clear to them.. the reason why i was so to the point of my question was because i fixed the "i'm stupid part" with them.. but didn't know how much it would cost for the repair. thanks for everyons hellp. Positive or negative... i take it because you guys are right.
thanks everyone!!! My appointment is on wednesday here at bloomfield ave.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.