E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Well i just picked out my package for my 2005 325i. Now i ordered a Mystic Blue.. BUT.. today when i went to work, my friends computer screen viewed Orient blue differently... Can anyone PLEASE post pics of their Mystic blue's and their Orient Blues??? I'm about to go to BMW tomorrow and see if they have any orient or mystic to show, because i know the orient looks darker, but the mystic looks nice.. but the Orient looks more serious.. Please post your pics, i would like to see real life pictures so that i can replace the car color order

·
Banned
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm sorry i can't see the picture dude.. can anyone else see it?... The pick in your signiture looks black

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
43,113 Posts
Orient Blue

old pics:

·
Banned
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you that's good

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
43,113 Posts
mrx733 said:
^^^^i love ur car so much lol....OB kickes A$$
thx :) I like yours too, pics are showing now gawd it's soo shiny reminds me how much I need a DETAIL!!!! lol

Billmister: search for Alan L for more ob pics ;)

·
Banned
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok cool.. Orient is not bad, but I like Mystic better. sick ass car shortround!!! are you planning on leaving the headlight trim black or coloring it silver? Just asking because the car that i ordered i going to transfer my tailights and corners to my blue car, but i was thinking of getting clear corners with BLACK trim... unless other people this it would look better with silver trim on the corners and headlight

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. It is not quite sick yet; will need to wait until Spring to drop it with 18' wheels. ACS roof and lip spoiler on the way also.

I prefer the black headlight trim as I think it will look cleaner when the headlights are on; better contrast and no residual reflections. Just my preference.

·
Banned
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you very much shortRound for your responce. I think i will also do the black trim... I saw a picture of a mb car on the front page of e46 at bimmian.com and it had black trim with clear corners and it looked hot. I notice yours does to, i will def do that as well... I will buy from Bekkers.com. also I thank you very much because aside from your car being a 330i, my car is going to be a 325i, but the same color and ALMOST same exterior features, like xenon, clear corners, tailights, etc... I Have my oem lip spoiler that i didn't put on my silver sedan now simply because i was to lazy.. BUT thank God i didn't because not with the new car, i would of have to changed it from silver to mb, now all i have to do is get it painted mb. Last question, you have phosphyre halos, I was planning on getting them in 3 weeks, but rom your sig, they match almost TO PERFECT with your xenons, did you change the bulb of the xenon of are they stock?... And if you changed them, are they as potent as the stock?

ALso, thanks to everyone else for your ideas and comments, they also helped out a great deal = )

·
Registered
230 Posts
My xenon are still stock. My light set up is this:

low/high beam - stock xenon at 4300K
Phosphyre Halos (from JLevi) - 6000K
HID Fog (from JLevi) - 6000K

The Halos are a bit bluer than the low/high but when the I have the low on the low/high kind of over power the Halos such that the color looks the same; that's fine as you can still make out the rings.

I also have HID Fogs and they are visibly bluish/purplish.

I am still comtemplating getting 6000K bulbs for the low/high but I kind of like the current set up. So for now this is how they look

Attachments

·
Registered
644 Posts
ShortRound said:
I prefer the black headlight trim as I think it will look cleaner when the headlights are on; better contrast and no residual reflections. Just my preference.
did you ever concider match painted trim??
nice car btw :thumbup: :woot:

·
Banned
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ShortRound said:
My xenon are still stock. My light set up is this:

low/high beam - stock xenon at 4300K
Phosphyre Halos (from JLevi) - 6000K
HID Fog (from JLevi) - 6000K

The Halos are a bit bluer than the low/high but when the I have the low on the low/high kind of over power the Halos such that the color looks the same; that's fine as you can still make out the rings.

I also have HID Fogs and they are visibly bluish/purplish.

I am still comtemplating getting 6000K bulbs for the low/high but I kind of like the current set up. So for now this is how they look
Yeah?.. I think i'll keep the dde 6000k, they look real good with your xenons... I think i will do differently with my fogs though... From the picture you posted the fogs look purpleish... still goods good though.:)

match paint trim?.. where can someone find that? if your talking about clear corners trim matching the car color, they must be aftermarket because oem i've only seen black and silver.

·
Banned
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ohh

mrx733 said:
did you ever concider match painted trim??
nice car btw :thumbup: :woot:
Ohh for the headlight trim?.. I think i would keep it black to match the corners... I think if i do silver trim, it will look like to much colors are going on, silver trim, clear corners, black tints, red/white tailights... Just my 2 cents
and if i color my headlight trim mystic blue, it will not match my corner black trim.

I think I'll keep it black

1 - 20 of 26 Posts