BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok..as some of you know from my previous post... I was debating wheter I should get the 330cic or the M3 coupe.
The dealer offered $717 a month,36 months,10K a year(I only drive it on weekends). I have to pay only sales tax and 1st monthly payment upfront.
He said he is using BMW financial services rates, and he ASSURED me that he is gonna keep the same rate at the time of delivery(either end of february or end of march).
Almost every other dealer is offering,under the same conditions, $811 a month, so I am thinking that the salesguy's intentions are to change lease numbers at the time of delivery.
WHAT CAN I DO TO PROTECT MYSELF?I want to place the order, and I would like to pay those $717 monthly,and NOT MORE!
If he writes $717 on the contract, can he still change it at time of delivery?PLEASE GUYS HELP ME
your help is much appreciated.
thank you!
Giandu

·
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO
2,056 Posts
why dont you pay for everything now ...i dont believe you have to wait for the time of delivery

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
isnt gap insurance included?
I am ready to pay the tax and 1st payment upfront,but I want to protect myself from getting screwed by the dealer raising my monthly payments!

·
T!TSLVR
1,251 Posts
They have a M3 in stock? Someone must have backed out on this car..... If that's the case, they're probably trying to get rid of it... and I say go for it!! Cuz you probably won't get a better deal if you were to order it. Once you have the car, you won't care how much you're paying for it!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
577 Posts
THis is not hard

People get too enamored with leasing. Tax considerations aside, there is little difference between leasing and buying in terms of total cost of use -- it is all a matter of the time value of money. Whether you know it or not, leasing is essentially a deferred loan. It is attractive for BMW prospects because the relatively high resale value of the car over 3 years allows the payments to be lower.

You have to look beyond just the payments to compare your deal. My guess is that the residual value (the amount you "owe" the dealer or the actual market value of the car at the end of the lease) is probably different between the two dealers. Leases are open or closed -- closed leases you walk away from the car after the lease term, open leases you are ultimately responsible for the remaining cost of the car, whether you buy it or have to make up the difference in the appraised value of the car at the end of the lease. Check both sales contracts to see if they are open or closed, and whether they state the same mileage and residual value at the end of the term.

You should make your down payment now (don't forget, that obnligates you as well as them), make sure it is reflect in the calculation in the contract, and check and potential expirations dates or cancellation clauses in the contract. If you are that worried, have an attorney look at the contract. It will cost about $100 for him/her to do that -- a half-hour. If you cannot afford to spend $100 to understand your obligations on the $25K+ you will be shelling out over the life of the contract, you cannot afford the car.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The difference between the dealerships could be in the money factor. Do you know what money factor your dealer is giving you?
Dont pay up front. Your money can make you interest.
Money that's out of your pocket is not yours. remember that.
Gap ins sould be purchased. Dont put any down payment. dnot buy down yourmonthly payment.
Deals frequently fail at time of delivery. That's how many carsget left on the lots.Dont be afraid to walk away at the end if you dont like what you see.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
get it in writing and

you get a copy if not the original.when i bought my 03 m3 dealer gave me a price in writing .but on the paper he but change of price if price changes to 03 prices. i order my car 6 months before order went in he gave me prices of the 02 .and he forgot to mention the

tax
gussler tax
lux.tax that now they did away with. and DON'T FORGET THE DEALER OPTIONS they won't mention it untill they have car. could run any where from 400.00 to 10,000 believe me happen to me added almost 10,000 to car .
bobm3 :eeps: :eeps:

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,782 Posts
WHAT DEALER IS THIS FOR CHRIST SAKE :banghead:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
the dealer sold you $10,000 in options???

look here

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

·
Registered
47 Posts
BMW Finance only does closed end leases (as do all reputable finance companies) and they include gap coverage. The different payment could be money knocked off the selling price of the car or a better finance rate. "Full Circle" BMW dealers sometimes get promo lease rates and residuals that other dealers can't get on certain cars. Before you go with BMW finance, check the rates from other companies at http://www.acscorp.com/ to get a ballpark of what you should pay. Your credit score will also affect rate. All dealers will quote leases based on perfect credit, but if you have even a few blemishes on your record, the rates can be a lot higher. If you sign a contract now with a certain monthly payment stated, just be sure it is inclusive of all taxes and fees, and they will honor it when the car comes. My dealer quoted me a lease rate for my car and it wound up CHEAPER when all was said and done that he had initially said, so I can't complain.

Mike

·
Registered
127 Posts
My guess is the Money Factor is different betweent the 2 different dealers. If you're going thru BMW financing........gap is required and usually included in your financing quote from them. Just put down a deposit and get the numbers in writing and all should be good. Good Luck:thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts