E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

The best color for my weekend warrior.

• Imola Red/Imola Red

Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Jet Black/Imola Red

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Carbon Black Metallic/Imola Red

Votes: 64 51.2%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's coming down to crunch time and I can't decide. Since the
///M is a respected GT I'm going for total performance, and I'm not in the least bit concerned about luxury or creature comforts. Here are the options I'm getting:

ZCP (Competion Package)
Bi Xenons

I just can't decide which color combo. I know I definately want Imola Red interior. Silver and Grey are awesome colors, but I think that they're just way too common. I've considered Interlagos Blue, but I don't think it'll jive too well with Imola Red. Let's see what the people have to say.

BTW, yes I'm aware that black is a b!tch to keep clean and red is cop magnet.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Killer Junior said:
///M is a respected GT I'm going for total performance, and I'm not in the least bit concerned about luxury or creature comforts. Here are the options I'm getting:

ZCP (Competion Package)
Bi Xenons

I just can't decide which color combo. I know I definately want Imola Red interior. Silver and Grey are awesome colors, but I think that they're just way too common. I've considered Interlagos Blue, but I don't think it'll jive too well with Imola Red. Let's see what the people have to say.

1st choice: Black w/ Imola red (teh hottness!) :drool:
2nd choice: Silver w/ Imola red (pimp as well)

Interlagos blue w/ imola red = :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: (too much going on)

·
Registered
9,544 Posts
WhiteDagger said:
1st choice: Black w/ Imola red (teh hottness!) :drool:
2nd choice: Silver w/ Imola red (pimp as well)

Interlagos blue w/ imola red = :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: (too much going on)
:werd: And don't forget Alpine White/Imola red.
Lately, I've been seeing an IR/IR coupe driving around with stock 19's and I fell in love. If I ordered a brand new M, that'd be it.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Definetly Go with Carbon Black swirls from waxing won't show as easily and the bluish effect from that color is amazing. Black is just amazing theres something about it....

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,949 Posts
i like the carbon black exterior color

with its 2 tone affect blueish black color with the red interior color you can't go wrong with it. good luck with your new to be baby
bobm3 :woot: :woot:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Killer Junior said:

ZCP (Competion Package)
Bi Xenons

Black is the only color IMO. Yeah it is hard to keep clean, but then again all other colors are as well. I have the advantage of seeing the dirt, others assume thier ride is clean.

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
M3WANNAB3 said:
Interlagos/Individual KIWI would be pimp...

Jet Black / Imola IMO.
That sounds sick, but I'm afraid to spend too much money for Individual options. :( I'll exlore pricing on Individual options before I make my final decision.

·
Registered
237 Posts
If you are getting the ZCP package, I would get the Interlagos Blue. Not many cars will have the ZCP package, and I beleive you can only get that color with that option. I would take it, car black interior, and then you can always customize it somehow. It you are going for full performance sports car, maybe you will take out the OEM seats and put in true racing seats???

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
blatt22 said:
If you are getting the ZCP package, I would get the Interlagos Blue. Not many cars will have the ZCP package, and I beleive you can only get that color with that option. I would take it, car black interior, and then you can always customize it somehow. It you are going for full performance sports car, maybe you will take out the OEM seats and put in true racing seats???
Not a chance. I love the seats in the M3. I can survive w/o power seats and lumbar support. :thumbup: If I were to go with Interlagos Blue, it would have to have either the gray or black cloth interior. As I stated above, I might just splurge for an individual interior color as someone already suggested. I do forsee IB being a rare color for the ///M since it'll only be available for 2005 models with the ZCP. But something about having IR for an interior color just makes my d!ck hard.

·
my 3rd e46, 1st ///M
2,591 Posts
from your options i'd go with jb/ir; may i suggest alpine white or silver gray on cinammon?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
SG/IR is a sweet combo, but Steel Gray would be even better and for only 2k as an Individual paint!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Anyone have a pic of what Interlagos Blue looks like?

·
Banned
148 Posts
dude don't forget you can 2-tone your interior if you customize your car from BMW. Tell them you want to 2-tone it. I would 2-tone red/black interior with a black exterior. Tint it up and it will look nice. I got some pics of every color m3 with their interior if you want to see real-life unproduction comparisons. I took them at a meet I went to a couple months ago.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
2 toning could add as much as another 3-4.5k depending on the package!
There are Interlagos pics around it is a bit like a non-metalic LeMans.

·
_-_
335 Posts
Killer Junior said:

ZCP (Competion Package)
Bi Xenons
if you're going for total performance skip the ZCP and use the $$$ to upgrade the suspension and brakes

·
Registered
874 Posts
atyclb said:
if you're going for total performance skip the ZCP and use the $$$ to upgrade the suspension and brakes
DISREGARD THIS COMMENT. The ZCP is well worth it if you are going for performance. It includes a faster rack and pinion, lighter wheels, very good brakes, and upgraded suspension. The money spent is well worth it for resale value of the car aso as this package/ color combination will be very rare. The ZCP is one of the better deals BMW has ever offered.

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
195 said:
dude don't forget you can 2-tone your interior if you customize your car from BMW. Tell them you want to 2-tone it. I would 2-tone red/black interior with a black exterior. Tint it up and it will look nice. I got some pics of every color m3 with their interior if you want to see real-life unproduction comparisons. I took them at a meet I went to a couple months ago.
I'm interested. Shoot me a PM or an e-mail. I definately want to see the two tone red/black interior.

Keep in mind, guys, that I'll be ordering the ///M in the December/January time frame. The sad thing is I'll be back in Iraq by the time it's delivered, so I won't be driving it or seeing it for a whole year while I'm deployed. :(

(I do plan on making a 400+ hp beast out of it later in life though) :shhh:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts