E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im placing my order for a 2004 330Ci.

I will definitely be getting
Bi-Xenon
Sports Package
Metallic Paint
6-speed (no slush box in my first car)

My question is it worth getting the cold weather package or should I just get the heated seats by themselves?? Also should I get the premium package or should I just get the leather seats and sunroof as stand alone options?? Has anyone done this and what are the advantages/disadvantages. The wood interior looks nice, but in such a car I think the aluminum trim looks better. Similarly do the leather seats come standard with lumbar support or is that only with the premium (I don’t see it as a stand alone option). Aside from the autodimming feather are the mirrors (size/shape) any different? Also do you find yourself using the headlight washers? As per the ski bag I could care less. No way would I put some dirty skiis im my car. If anything they’ll go on the roof rack, or I’ll take my parents car =P. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh yeah how much time does it add to delivery if any if I order the rear sunshade or folding mirrors? My dealer hasn't done this before so he really doesn't know.

BTW if anyone is interested in a BMW in NJ lime know. My dealer Pat has been a really nice guy who has given me along with several other friends some nice deals!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Get the heated seats alone. I would prefer not having the headlight washers since they make your car all wet!

I say go with the leather and sunroof, no premium. The aluminum looks much better than the wood, and you won't miss anything else from the premium package.

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
1,766 Posts
I have the Cold Weather Package, I didn't order with the car, it was preinstalled. I honestly never use the headlamp washers, except when I want to show my friends. But I use the heated seats ALL THE TIME.

I don't have the Premium Package either, I'm not a fan of wood trim on such a coupe. It'd be nice to have the auto-dimming mirrors, but if you get your windows tinted, that'll take care of that.

Definitely get the moonroof.

I have real leather seats in my car, but I hear that you really can't tell the difference between Leatherette and Leather on BMWs anyway.

Lastly, I was gonna tell you to opt for the 330 instead of the 325; that's definitely the best upgrade you could get.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Lumbar is a must and therefore the PP is also. You must spend those big buck to get the best seats in the world. When my back starts hurting I go drive my car for 20 minutes and it's back in shape -- no lie!

Also, go heated seats only. Besides that, CWP is useless.

Don't know 'bout that other stuff, save your dough.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
11,056 Posts
you can't get the headlight washers later on?

·
my 3rd e46, 1st ///M
1,973 Posts
i think it depends on what color leather int. you get, if you're getting the sand get the PP w/ the wood trim; if you're getting black or grey, don't get the PP, the alum. trim looks better

·
Registered
874 Posts
Besides that, CWP is useless.
Yea..the only thing the CWP offers is the ski sack (useless unless you ski), the headlight washers...they are a joke..the Audi ones are better because they spray the headlights everytime you use the windshield washers...

By the time the BMW's get around to spraying the headlight (they spray like every 5 times or something like that) the grime is so caked on there that they aren't effective....headlight washers may be a joke for you people down south, but where it snows, the grime builds up one the car and the headlights...and it sucks because it really hinders the light output.

Lastly, i miss heated seats. I envy those of you who have them. UGH.

Save the money on the leather...the leatherette looks the same and the BMW leather sucks...it wrinkles and cracks way too fast. My Audi had 80,000 miles and the leather was perfect. My 328Ci has 35,000 miles and the leather is cracking (i take care of it too)

Make sure to get Sport and Xenons. H/K isn't a bad upgrade--the stock stereo sucks..and if you don't plan on adding aftermarket equipment later then it is a good option.

Premium package- I kinda wish I did have it. The funny thing is, I have wood trim, moonroof, and leather interior. For some reason they didn't just get the premium package. Lumbar (shrug) the sports seats are bolstered perfectly...I have never used lumbar in any car i've ever owned...thats totally up to you.

In the end, its better to get "over-optioned" than "under-optioned"---never know down the road when you might miss something...and you wish you would have gotten it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
a4agarwal said:
Get the heated seats alone. I would prefer not having the headlight washers since they make your car all wet!

I say go with the leather and sunroof, no premium. The aluminum looks much better than the wood, and you won't miss anything else from the premium package.

Totally agree!

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,180 Posts
All the options in my sig, I personally hate the aluminium trim, I also hate anythign but black leather though as well.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys for the help so far. I live in cold NJ and driving my car just plain sucks when its cold. My arse is froozen to the freaking seat, especially since the car is garaged. When I ride in my parents car's or even sister's jetta (whose heated seats were under $200) my drive is much more enjoyable. The car is a 330 not a 325. Most probably it will be silver gray with black interior. If it were a dark wood (like in some jags) I would have loved that. I do ski, but who wants to put those things in your car when they are all wet and dirty. As per the headlight washers if they aren't a big thing then I'd probably skip them (unless ZCW adds to the resale value??). Uly yeah man 6-speed finally (although Im still not sure if the gearing will be more aggressive or the 6th will just be an overdrive). I was going to keep the stock 17" sports and use them as winters and get a set of 18"s most probably style 65 or 135. Thanks for the help and please keep the comments comming!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
faztaz,

i'm thinking about ordering a 325ci, sport package & bi-xenons, manual tranny. how much would your dealer friend, pat, quote me on that? gimme a number.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have real leather seats in my car, but I hear that you really can't tell the difference between Leatherette and Leather on BMWs anyway.
So true....all my friends think I have leather... and its so much easier to maintain :thumbup:

Ditto Moonroof, Heated Seats, Xenons, 6 SPEED Yesssss

CWP and Premium I would pass, Silver trim looks better with Silver or Gray on Black/Grey

I wish I had enough dough for a 330......but I'm more than happy with my 325 slushtronic! :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bob with all those mods sounds like your have a 327.5 =P

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just get the Cold Weather Package with all it's trimmings. Lumbar only available with the premium package, so get the premium package and you'll get the leather and sunroof thrown in together along with the lumbar. It shouldn't add time to delivery if you add the rear sunshade or folding power mirrors. The only time it will add is the time it takes for you dealership to add non-US options to the car, but the actual build process is the same. The Myrtle wood looks just fine on a Gray interior, and that is exactly what I'm getting.

ULY: 6-speed manual transmission is not a option for 2004. It is STANDARD for the 330's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts