E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just finished installing my Orion V4's and now all I can look at are the ugly yellow fog lights.

Any way to get them to match the orange/amber corner lights? I know you can go to LED's but they won't do anything but sit there and look pretty. I know they are 9006 halogen bulbs, and still can't find any.

Any help?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Someone did it on their car, looked bad to be honest with you. Light output will diminish a lot.
So I guess that's out of the picture... Anyone have any preferences on white fog lights then to match my Xenon's?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just ordered the lights, but my only question is since the OEM fog lights are 35w and the new Nokya's are 55w, do I need to worry about heat or any of the wires melting since it's a 30% increase?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea, try the Nokya bulbs first. They should be about $20 shipped on ebay.
So just got the bulbs and ready to install, however the bulbs are way bigger than my OEM once. They don't even fit in the housing. Did I order the wrong pair? Or...

uploadfromtaptalk1365120230338.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1365120244903.jpg

·
Registered
670 Posts
So just got the bulbs and ready to install, however the bulbs are way bigger than my OEM once. They don't even fit in the housing. Did I order the wrong pair? Or...

View attachment 498826
View attachment 498827
Those look like H4 or 9003 bulbs you got in pic one. Where did you get that idea from?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Bimmer App

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So now I'm even more confused... I'm pretty sure I have the sport package, but I'm not sure. I did a VIN look-up and it spit me out this.

The bulb is a 9006 however. It said so right on the package. I got it from here.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts