BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
And to the OP: The Avant 4 is pretty great. Far and away the most stock looking head unit (only thing that gives it away is the glossy screen, which they all have, sadly), and the only unit (AFAIK) with wireless carplay.

Wireless carplay is a complete, 100% game changer IMO. The moment they added that, I put Avins in all my cars. Having waze/police locations on the car's nav screen, with your phone in your pocket (and not using much battery), without having to pay for a data plan for your car is just perfection.

On my M3 coupe (that car specifically because I was willing to put in the effort), the Avin also enabled me to take almost 50 lbs of factory stereo crap out of my car that the Avin rendered redundant.

I also use it to monitor tire temps and pressures on track. And it can pull/reset codes if I need to. It's a ton of functionality in an OE looking package for a reasonable price. I'm super pleased with it.
Have you swapped this unit into a model with the harman Kardon system and navigation?

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,226 Posts
Have you swapped this unit into a model with the harman Kardon system and navigation?
It's pretty straightforward either way.

My Dynavin N6 went into a car with HK, no issues at all and sounds great. Installation is the same for the Avin.
Nav requires running an extension cable from the dash to the connection in the trunk, but that's easily done while you're running the cable for your backup camera.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks! I'm curious as to the connections. I two smaller connections. One white and and one blue connections. Is the N6 or Avin plug and play or is there an adapter(s) needed? Thanks!

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,226 Posts
Thanks! I'm curious as to the connections. I two smaller connections. One white and and one blue connections. Is the N6 or Avin plug and play or is there an adapter(s) needed? Thanks!
Both offer a 6 meter extension cable for cars with nav that take care of all of the connections.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Really wish somebody would make more modern 1-din option, I don't want the 2din because it's too expensive and would probably get stolen where I live. But OEM looking headunit with bluetooth would be perfect. Yes I know you can get BT through aux, but then your steering wheel controls don't work and sound quality suffers
this is your (and mine) solution.

Good quality sound, OEM radio, steering whelle commands, BT,read CD_text of usb files/audio files.Copied by a lot of china cheaper module but I don't know their quality and support.

I really hate 2-din look, this is perfect for me because mantains the oem radio using the cd changer function.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I have brown burrs and my times are aligned perfectly. How much better could it smell?

t
5% thd at 1w/1meter with a Q of .5 at 2 octaves

·
Registered
116 Posts
this is your (and mine) solution.

Good quality sound, OEM radio, steering whelle commands, BT,read CD_text of usb files/audio files.Copied by a lot of china cheaper module but I don't know their quality and support.

I really hate 2-din look, this is perfect for me because mantains the oem radio using the cd changer function.
Yeah I already had the older more basic version of this from previous owner, finally I just gave up and bought aftermarket headunit, doesn't look oem but sounds better and everything works.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts