E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get my winter package - and am trying to decide between 16" and 17" for wheel size. (I have 18" with Dunlop summers on now).
I know that Tire rack makes 16" that fit the 330ci - others won't fit over brakes. I think that the 16" will give me better tire wall height than the 17" - which will help with Bostons crappy roads. I will be probably putting on Dunlop M3 or 2 winter performance tires.
heres the link to the wheels

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Disp...&wheelModel=Type+5&wheelFinish=Silver+Painted

The questions really are - has anyone bought these wheels - are they OK looking? Has anyone in Boston area (or equivalent) bought a 17" winter package and been happy with it i.e. ok with potholes. I prefer the look of 17"s but don't want to be screwing out rims over the winter here. I wish the 17"s came with higher tire walls.

all opinions appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
952 Posts
Yeah, most 16's wont fit over the calipers.
I have 17's and really they're fine. If you drive on 18's normally you shouldn't be too worried about the crappy roads. The 17's will be better than those.
But get whatever rims you like. They'll be on your car for half the year so make sure you like them :thumbup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
coolio4433 said:
Yeah, most 16's wont fit over the calipers.
I have 17's and really they're fine. If you drive on 18's normally you shouldn't be too worried about the crappy roads. The 17's will be better than those.
But get whatever rims you like. They'll be on your car for half the year so make sure you like them :thumbup:

...thanks, appreciate it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts