BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up my car after getting my rear installed. The bodyshop did a good job, but THEY (not me) weren't happy with their work. They offered to repaint my entire rear bumper/add-on and mold in my ACS rear add-on to the OEM bumper AND paint all my black moldings around the car/reinstalled...for $400 CDN. (about $260 US)

Should I take their offer?

Here are the pics:

·
Registered
297 Posts
looks good to me, but its hard to see flaws in a paint job through pictures, however I would get your moldings painted...

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nyman said:
looks good to me, but its hard to see flaws in a paint job through pictures, however I would get your moldings painted...
I don't see any flaws in the paint. I think they're pissed because you can see the black glue a little bit where the add-on meets the bumper.

·
Registered
775 Posts
That looks beautiful.. I say let them do it in a way they are satisfied.. it can only become better!!!

Do you have a sice picture.. so we can see front and rear at the same time from the side!

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dennisf said:
That looks beautiful.. I say let them do it in a way they are satisfied.. it can only become better!!!

Do you have a sice picture.. so we can see front and rear at the same time from the side!
Damn...I forgot to take that pic. I'll be taking some more pictures on friday when I drop my ride on UUC v.2 springs. I'll take many side view pics.

·
Party Times!
1,746 Posts
Damn the back of that is off the chain! :pimpin: Looks like in the near future you may have a twin car, only black-saphire.:D

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Looks fine to me. I say DON'T take their offer.

Think about it, they're saying they think they did a bad job, & to rectify this they will redo it plus a few other things but for more money. Shouldn't the parts where they think they did a bad job be redone free (after all, THEY'RE saying it is unsatisfactory).

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,514 Posts
jp323i said:
Looks fine to me. I say DON'T take their offer.

Think about it, they're saying they think they did a bad job, & to rectify this they will redo it plus a few other things but for more money. Shouldn't the parts where they think they did a bad job be redone free (after all, THEY'RE saying it is unsatisfactory).
I was thinking along the same lines. It could be that they're out to make an extra $$$ out of you. Now if they think they did a bad job, perhaps they should have kept the car just a bit longer to have it done right.

Bottom line, you will be paying more/additional money...don't forget that part. Though it may not be that much, that's still money out of your pocket.

Perhaps:
1. Fix what they thought was "unsatisfactory" for FREE.
2. Offer the other "new" services for a discount price.

Now that would sound a bit better, IMO. But hey...it's your car, your money, your ride. Do whatever you need to do to make you smile. :)

Car looks great!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :pimpin:

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
:bow: :bow: :bow:
Hot DAMN man, that looks fantastic!! I'm with the guys who said DON'T spend the money. If they ain't happy with the job that THEY did, they should have offered to correct it for a LOT less than that. But then again, I'm a dirt poor Nova Scotian; what do I know. :) Take some close-ups of the supposed "flaws" on Friday too.

Bart

1 - 20 of 22 Posts