BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

After a lot of saving, researching, waiting, etc.. the road of searching for my next car has come to end an end. I decided to go w/ a 2003.5 M3 Imola Red w/ 80k manual. I took a look at it three times in the past two weeks and had it fully checked by my mechanic today and everything looked good. Will need new brakes, front tires, & sunroof fixed. The seller and I agreed at 18.5k tonight. He had it listed at 20k which I definitely wasn't willing to pay. KBB values the car at 18.3k at good and 19.3k at excellent. Also comes w/ full Magnaflow catback exhaust. With that said, any opinions? Mod suggestions? First mods I think will be lowering & painted reflectors.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you love it, then purchase. Paint looks very smooth. Nice car...

There could be lots of little things this car will need over the next three years. Keep saving!

-gh

·
Registered
430 Posts
Looks good, bet you're excited! I remember when I bought my M3.. best feeling EVER!!! But remember to keep saving, owning an M3 is not cheap... and mine isn't a daily driver either...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback guys, I got the car Saturday and totally love it. Everything's perfect except this weird thumping noise I keep hearing from the back. The seller told me about it before buying it but didn't know it was gonna be this annoying. I made a post about it to see exactly what it is. Besides that, the car is perfect!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys, I got the car Saturday and totally love it. Everything's perfect except this weird thumping noise I keep hearing from the back. The seller told me about it before buying it but didn't know it was gonna be this annoying. I made a post about it to see exactly what it is. Besides that, the car is perfect!!!
Sounds like you need to change rear differential oil to the newer one with the additive, I had thumping noise from rear end when I was taking corners and changed oil and noise disappeared.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts