Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i get it silver carbon fiber hood or black ????? my car is silver

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm well i dunno i think im just gonna paint ac-s piece of crapola lip the same color as the car ..........and get a slver cf hood, plus i havent seen anyone with a slver cf hood, my only worry is that it will blend in

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
It doesnt matter what color CF you get, just have your shop do one light coat of paint so that the color matches but you still see the CF weave :thumbup:

·
Banned
2,055 Posts
Doesn't matter because it should be painted.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Silver CF hood, but let the weave show thru, that'd be pimp.:thumbup:

I like how the black CF weave creates a contrast on light colored cars, ACS lips come into mind. However, a black cf hood creates too big of a contrast, stands out too much imo.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread

I've seen alot of talk about CF hoods recently. Can anyone please tell me what are the benefits (other than looks) to having one, requirements, costs and dangers?

Some schmuck dented the front of my hood (top part of the grills) and is needing $600 in repairs to get it looking normal again. So I thought I would explore my options.

Thanks!
:)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Re: Sorry to hijack this thread

tknmn said:
I've seen alot of talk about CF hoods recently. Can anyone please tell me what are the benefits (other than looks) to having one, requirements, costs and dangers?

Some schmuck dented the front of my hood (top part of the grills) and is needing $600 in repairs to get it looking normal again. So I thought I would explore my options.

Thanks!
:)
I think the main reason to own a CF hood is to shave off weight.

Danger may include incorrect installation, and hood flying off the car at high speeds. (I think that's why most CF hooded cars have those securing pins.)

·
Registered
339 Posts
mchM3 said:
hmm well i dunno i think im just gonna paint ac-s piece of crapola lip the same color as the car ..........and get a slver cf hood, plus i havent seen anyone with a slver cf hood, my only worry is that it will blend in
Can i ask why you dont like your ACS carbon fiber lip? :confused:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts