E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I sold my baby 3 weeks ago.

I am currently driving a loaner which is another 03 bmw 325i till I find a nice 325i -330i that is stick shift.

I've been driving this car for 3 weeks now and I have thought about keeping it since it looks nice and taken care of.

The engine looks clean and runs great.

The car has a REBUILT TITLE and is also a SULEV model :facepalm:

What are your opinions on buying a car with a rebuilt title ? ANYONE have an e46 with a rebuilt title and experienced problems ?

So far I noticed minor problems such as the alarm lights going on and off everytime I lock the car. Also... I was driving the car for a while and it over heated by 3/4's but never got to the red zone.

I took it to the mechanic and they ran it for 4 hours and it did not overheat or do anything again and they told me everything was working properly :tsk:

I am only interested in the car because it looks really nice, runs great, it has low miles and I would be getting a great deal on it !

Thanks for your feed back

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
will it be free99?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope nope nope nope nope nope nopenope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope

Insurance won't touch it, it will most likely have problems.

Also you don't want a sulev model.

Yes ! I've been told about the insurance too.

That some companies wont insure it.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Look into how much a fuel pump replacement costs on a sulev, then come back here.

·
Banned
3,502 Posts
I am assuming you owned one when you were 18.

How was your experience ?

have had over 30 cars in my life. salvage titles in the 1st 5 yrs of my driving.....ALL ended up being 6 month to 3 yrs beater drivers. (Think I had 3 or so?) Nobody will buy them from you. You will be STUCK with a salvage title car until it dies. that's my experience on salvages....again, just mine.

The most annoying thing, is that they were FINE (as salvages)...just that as soon as s'one wants to sign on the dotted line when I wanted to sell, & they see salvage...the red flags go up,...the potential buyers walk. Even tho', car is fine. Annoying. So just ended up driving the p!## outta them till they drop....then moved on.

EdiT:...oh, I did re-sell one..back in 1991 or so...... A 1988 Pontiac Grand Am.....didn't know about salvage cause dealer bought it from different province & fixed it up....whacked reeeeally good in front end. Bought if off'a cheasy Pontiac dealer in Saskatoon....for $10,000,.....plus applicable taxes,....drove it for 1 year, tranny went 600km over the 100,000 warranty (not kidding/not covered...THAT'S WHY I WILL NEVER BUY A GM AGAIN)...paid $2500 to fix, ...sold it for $4000....ONE YEAR LATER. Worst auto nite-mare of my life. Pontiac dealer never disclosed the damage (this was before things are now with history disclosure). Maybe things r different now.....I dunno...but I learned my lesson w/ salvages way back then.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
If you are happy with the car, getting it for CHEAP and you are going to keep it till the wheels fall off, go ahead and buy it.
But its going to be a ***** to sell. All salvage title cars are not POS, if they are repaired properly it will run as good as non accident ones.

But insurance and resale is going to be a big issue here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.