E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from my trip to BMW of Sterling (Northern Virginia). I'm deciding between the 325i and 330i w/ the following options:

325i:
- Automatic
- Premium Package
- Leather
- Sports Package
- Cold Weather Package
- Nav
- Xenon
- Metallic
- HK

330i:
- Automatic
- Premium Package
- Cold Weather Package
- Nav
- Xenon
- Metallic
- PDC

After sitting down w/ the "Client Advisor" for a while, he said that they could do ~1200 over invoice for the 325 and ~1500 over invoice for the 330. These put them at around 38k for the 325 and 41.8k for the 330. What do you guys think? Anything you think I should be able to get included for free (besides floormats)?

And I know this is probably a stupid question, but which one would you go w/? For those of you that have driven BMW's for a while, is the performance jump from 325 (w/ Sports Package) to 330, enough to justify draining my bank account that much? I drive a Jeep right now, so they both felt awesome (although the 330 did seem to respond quicker).

·
Loves cookies
1,537 Posts
If you're going with an automatic go with the 330i. The 325 is good only in 5spd, and just for $4k more i would just go for the 330i. Also try to have the dealer throw in the floor mats, oem alarm,bmw hats,mug,keychains,etc. Anything for free is always welcomed and it doesn't hurt to ask. Either way both cars are powerful come with world class handling.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have a similarly equipped 330i, and I have absolutely no regrets! The prices quoted sound reasonable, but it definitely can't hurt to ask for the extras. If the salesman balks, just tell him you want to think about it and walk out. Chances are he won't let you out the door without giving up at least something. Also, make sure you deal with all the extra B.S. charges (conveyance fee, advertising fee, etc, etc) up front. After finding out what they all are, make your offer and tell him that it is inclusive of all these charges.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Don't pay over MSRP man. They're BSing you. I got all the packages and Drive-Out at $42K for my 330. If you have the cash flow then Go for it. Well Worth It over the 325. The Lesson: NEVER PAY OVER MSRP. NOT EVEN ON AN M3 unless it comes with Jennifer Lopez. -Later dayz. :)

·
No more mods
267 Posts
The 330I is without the Sports Package? On seden without Sports Package is big different. Steeling wheel, seat, suspension, rims...

·
Registered
25 Posts

330/ man go with the M3 :dunno:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'd say 330i.
But damn, $38K for the 325? Isn't 325 an "entry-level" BMW? That's what I paid for my 330i! Mine has the Premium & Sports packages, and HK speakers. I wish it had xenons, but I bought if off the lot and it didn't have that option.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts