BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that all non-M series BMW's do not have a limited-slip differential? If this is true, I cannot believe that BMW would neglect to offer this at a 40K+ price point!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Alas, open diffs for us lowly non M owners. All we get is DSC, that to keep us from being a spot on the wall. I guess drivers of the Ultimate Driving Machine are not considered the Ultimate Drivers by BMW. You can buy one from HIOP at considerable cost.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yes that is true there is no LSD for non-M 3's .
It sucks but even if they did offer it. It would be a option that people would complain is too expensive ;)

·
BMW Land Barge
1,376 Posts
pook said:
Is it true that all non-M series BMW's do not have a limited-slip differential? If this is true, I cannot believe that BMW would neglect to offer this at a 40K+ price point!
It took you this long to notice?

(Here would be the reason why.)

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Indeed this is the sad truth. Even the IS300 has optional Torsen LSD, and the G35 has the not-as-good viscous-coupling LSD for the manual tranny.

However be glad that at least you can get one aftermarket. The HIOP Torsen LSD goes for $1100 at Renn-sport.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts