BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys..
M3 2003 with Harmon Kardon + nav
All the speakers on the drivers side are not working at all.. checked the balance, that's all ok..
If I press the harmon button on the console they come on but only very very quietly not even a quarter of the others!
I have managed to borrow another amp and try that and they still didnt work, so then I removed each speaker on the drivers side and tested them all and they work fine!

Any ideas what could be causing the problem as this is driving me mad now!!! :-(

Today I have changed the headunit and Harmon amp and I still have the same problem! is there anything else that I can change to try and cure this problem? would the tuner box in the boot have any effect on the speakers?

Thanks in advance for any replys..

·
Registered
242 Posts
This will be a pretty tricky problem to troubleshoot. But from what you've tested, you can eliminate a few things...

1) Assuming the other amp you tried is working, then you can be pretty sure yours is, as well.
2) You tested the actual drivers themselves, so they're fine.
3) The wiring between the amp and the speakers is probably fine. No gaurantees, but I would suspect the wiring between the head unit and the amp. Particularly since you tried a different head unit (which was going to be my next suspect).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about the 'bm54' module? someone on another forum suggested trying this as the signal goes from the head unit to this before the amp!

I'm pretty stuck with this now and its really annoying...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts