BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(i have a 330xi)
Hey im going up to Whistler Canada from WA. I was wondering should I get any type of special tires going up there because currently right now im running stock 17's wit yokohama avs es100's and would it be worth it to get some better tires for the conditions up there when i go up there?

Canada people help me haha!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Oh yes! You MUST get more suitable tires! You wont make it very far on Canadian winter roads let alone the mountains with performance tires. Get a cheap set of winter kumho's and you be set.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
which ones would be good for like 3weeks of usage becuase im not tryin to spend a lot of money for some tires that ill use max for 2months

·
Registered
202 Posts
Kumho has cheap winter tires but are mostly limited to 16 inch and lower. I just realized that since you have a 330XI you will need 17 inch to fit over your brakes. The tirerack.com has Dunlop M2 winter tires in 17's for $118 each. That was the lowest priced winter tire for that size. Also from what I have found tirerack has the best prices. Good luck.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx, i think im bouts to go get myself some blizzacks hopefully they will havesome in stock cuz u guys be buyin all of em up it seems like

·
Para-Magic
682 Posts
highway 99 north can close, but not usually it does sometimes have snowtires only restrictions...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts