BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I went to start my car and is was turning over but not firing. Possibly thinking fuel pump or CPS but the weird thing is I have no codes and the car started fine after trying a few times and did so the rest of the day uneventful. Is this a one time fluke like a piece of debris in an injector or could this be something bigger? I also have a very rough idle once a week or so where it feels like a severe miss or something but no codes!!:banghead:please help!!

·
Premium Member
2016 340i & 2002 325Ci
3,277 Posts
Could very likely be a soft failing fuel pump or a clogged fuel filter if neither of those has been replaced.

·
Registered
E39 E90 E46 F10
5,035 Posts
This morning I went to start my car and is was turning over but not firing. Possibly thinking fuel pump or CPS but the weird thing is I have no codes and the car started fine after trying a few times and did so the rest of the day uneventful. Is this a one time fluke like a piece of debris in an injector or could this be something bigger? I also have a very rough idle once a week or so where it feels like a severe miss or something but no codes!!:banghead:please help!!
When my FP had a soft fail I had a growl coming from the driver side floor, probably from the FPR. I also couldnt get to WOT on the freeway. Does it present any of these symptoms?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far none of those symptoms no growl as of yet like i said it has been starting fine all today after this morning. Just curious if it could be some debris or a failing fuel pump?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as i know neither the pump nor the filter have been replaced i bought the car used and have slowly been working out the kinks made by the previous owner

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When my FP had a soft fail I had a growl coming from the driver side floor, probably from the FPR. I also couldnt get to WOT on the freeway. Does it present any of these symptoms?
I've noticed it's very sluggish at highway speeds poor throttle response.

·
Registered
799 Posts
As far as i know neither the pump nor the filter have been replaced i bought the car used and have slowly been working out the kinks made by the previous owner
I would change the fuel filter ASAP and see what happens, if it continues I would check the fuel pump.

After changing the fuel filter run a full tank of gas with a bottle of this:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-fuel-system-cleaner-20-fl-oz-82140413341?gclid=CjwKEAiA8qG1BRDz0tmK0pufw3QSJACfn6ol20O2Rstm8qpbTtKzHDNSHjhykSu4EaXuW9pYuEjA9BoChlPw_wcB

·
Registered
10,572 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[Update] Changed the fuel pump and now everything seems to be working fine turns out to be a soft failing fuel pump just like yall said.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts