BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just test drove the s2000.. awesome car.. my question is, are there any short shifter kits out there that have the positive click just like the s2000 ? i know uuc's does not.. TIA.. :thumbup:

·
Big in Japan
1,377 Posts
(im taking this basically from the RE website) that part of the s2000s feel is based on the fact that it has a heavy selector rod; the RE octane SSK comes with a heavy rod, and they sell a weighted rod that can be used on any SSK, including the UUC. My octane SSK that I have feels pretty close to the S2000, but not exactly the same (having driven one, I know what you are talking about..now if only that car had some balls below 7K :sad: )

·
Registered
361 Posts
I test drove my friend's 2003 S2K over the weekend. He was still in the break-in period. Man, I love the shifter. That's why i've been searching the forum for advice for a SSK. It's down to UUC or Rogue Engineering. This post might have put me over to RE.

By the way, the S2K was damn explosive from 4 to 6K. Can't wait to drive it until redline. I had to choose between a 325ci or a S2K. Opted for something with more room for more people.

·
Big in Japan
1,377 Posts
my mom was looking at the s2000 or Z4 2.5; we went to testdrive the honda, and I wasnt too impressed; granted its got some balls up top, but its REAL bad down low, you really need to DRIVE the car hard to get some power out of it; not the way she drives, and not even the way I drive; Ive gotten spoiled by all the low end torque the BMW straight 6 has :thumbup:

·
(\OO\ (||)(||) /OO/)
811 Posts
After test-driving my friend's S2000, I couldn't stop smiling! :D That thing just WAILS above 8000 rpm.

The bad news is he sold it. :bawling:

The good news is that he replaced it with an M Roadster. :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts