E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
niL said:
could be a bad mass air flow sensor. check engine light on? if so get on down to autozone and read your obd II codes and post them.
nope no check engine light, i just replaced one of my fuel injectors because the light went on, but i have noticed this porblem befor i changed the injector.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My car has done this since day one(7/2000) brand new only in cold weather and the few minutes before engine warmup. Not a big deal....but it could become one, I guess.

The dealer couldn't duplicate nor did anyone online with the same problem ever nail down or come to a census with THE solution...anywhere from DME software updates, VANOS replacement, ICV, cam sensors, etc. I can find at least one person who has had one or all of the above done for this problem and the problem reoccurs....I am out of warranty now and not paying to swap parts to see if that fixes it...

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
had the problem, DME software, dont sweat it bro. the real test will come soon enough, as this winter will tell me if the software worked. i had this update done last march or so when the weather was warming up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Cecil328i said:
had the problem, DME software, dont sweat it bro. the real test will come soon enough, as this winter will tell me if the software worked. i had this update done last march or so when the weather was warming up.

What software version?

Have you had any other parts replaced in reference to this problem....like Idle Control Valve, VANOS unit, Cam Sensors, etc?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
gsletch said:
What software version?

Have you had any other parts replaced in reference to this problem....like Idle Control Valve, VANOS unit, Cam Sensors, etc?
nope, the software was the only thing done.

·
TWC Alumni
1,756 Posts
Could simply be that your alternator or battery is going. My idle use to dip everytime i turned on my hids for a few seconds then return back to normal. Turning on my heated seats would cause the idle to move alittle also. After i changed the alternator and the battery, problem solved.

Alan

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alan L. said:
Could simply be that your alternator or battery is going. My idle use to dip everytime i turned on my hids for a few seconds then return back to normal. Turning on my heated seats would cause the idle to move alittle also. After i changed the alternator and the battery, problem solved.

Alan
i'm out of warrenty, im takeing it in later this week, how much do u guys think it is to update the software.

·
Registered
640 Posts
vaio76109 said:
He might, not definitely tho.

It isn't software, trust me. I've researched this problem to the hilt and had the same problem on my own 328. Out of the dozens of people here that had the problem, the software only fixed it for a few. The odds are tremendously against it being a software problem.

Thanks,
Adam

·
Banned
7,997 Posts
To come out and say that XXXX caused it is a pretty bold statement, that is all.

Most people that have the problem never found a solution...or just gave up

1 - 20 of 21 Posts