BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so f*cking pissed off right now, beyond belief. I hate my dealership, damn them and all dealerships like it to hell!!!! If anyone remebers, back in late augest, i had a problem with the rear of my car, the differential carrier was ripped from the subframe. well, the dealership made me pay for it, and I now know from other posts on this board that it is covered by bmw. That pisses me off right there that my dealership ripped me off of f*ckin 3000 bux!!! but thats not the problem now cuz i a trying to get the money back. what is the problem now is out of nowhere, while i was coming back from the mall, DRIVING NORMALLY, I downshifted into second like i normally do to slow down to stop for a red light. as i put it in second, there is this HUGE clunk from the rear. i'm like wtf. so the light turns green, and as soon as it's in gear, i accelerate, and u hear multiple clunks just like it. and now my car does it everytime i step on the gas pedal. So i bring it to the dealership, and i complain, and the service manager refuses to even come for a ride with me around the f*ckin lot to just hear and feel the problem. so i just well at him, cuz i am pissed off like there is no tomorrow, cuz i figured it was from the differential. So i leave bmw, go to my friend who used to be a mechanic for my BMW dealership, but left to start his own bmw garage, so he could take a look at it. It turns out that it's my differential carrier AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! it's a lil different this time though. last time it had ripped from the subframe, it wasn't the carrier itself, but this is what i think........... My differential carrier got ripped from the subframe last time, and since it was ripped from it, it kept on shifting around, which cause the car to vibrate, thats what made me bring it in the first time (the vibration), could it be that since the differential carrier got pulled out, it got weakended from all the shifting around and vibration???? I think it is most likely that, because it's on the same side from when it got ripped out. anyways, i tink that made it weaker, and since bmw never replaced the differential carrier itself, they kept the week one on and overtime, finaly broke. anyways, I had full warranty on this from my dealership that they gave me, but i bet a million bux that they will make me pay for it again, they will probably say we gave u warranty on the subframe, not the carrier. isn't it their f*ckin fault for not replacing the week carrier, wtf, i am so pissed right now, i hate my f*ckin dealership, STAY AWAY FROM BMW OF BRIDGEPORT!!!! sorry for any words i may have spelt wrong, or if i don't make much sence, i'm just not thinking right at this moment, all i can think about is ripping off my service manager's head and ****ting down his f*ckin neck!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
really sorry to hear that.....seems like ill ive been readin about lately is how much everyone hates their dealerships.......i wish someone from BMW NA read some of these posts!!!!

·
Super Nintendo Chalmers
2,055 Posts
Damn. SOrry to hear that it happened again. Call BMWNA about all your problems, and threaten to sue, and take it public. SOmething good will come out of it, bro. Don't you worry. Good luck.

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
PLEASE, HELP ME!!!!

for anyone who has had their differential carrier fixed when it was ripped from the subframe for free by bmw, can u please, please give me your names and viechle VIN #'s so that I may have a better chance of having my dealer fix this for me for free when I contact BMWNA so they know that I have had the same problems as other who have had it fixed under bmw. Like RichP told me, an online forum isn't credible to them, but that info will be. So can anyone please help me!!! Thanx

·
TX Dinan 3
854 Posts
hopefully i have a smooth run in tomorrow with mine, first oil change just about due. im sure they will love the dinan mods and the system lol

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vinnymac said:
Damn, really sorry to hear. Have you contacted BMWNA?
I was thinking that maybe it would be better if the dealership first took a look at it tomorrow morning, so I know exactly what is wrong before calling BMWNA, should I wait until tomorrow to know what exactly is wrong, even though I already know it's the differential carrier, or should I call them right now?

·
Registered
395 Posts
go to every bmw board and post this..also post the dealers name and address:thumbup:

·
yo mama
1,612 Posts
stop going to the dealerships. Go to your buddy's independent shop. Except for the free maintenance, then when that is up, give up going to the dealer period.

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Delirium said:
stop going to the dealerships. Go to your buddy's independent shop. Except for the free maintenance, then when that is up, give up going to the dealer period.
thats what i'm going to do, but first i need to see if they will fix it for free, cuz they did warranty their work, but knowing them, they will say they won't, but i just have to be sure first. they still haven't even fixed my NAV yet either, and refuse to!!!:banghead:

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bump, come on guys, i know there are some of u out there that went through the same problem, please help

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dalton said:
rich, your car is just a piece, face it....
:lmao: shut up Mark, not my fault BMW of BPT is the worst dealership here in CT as far as service goes!!!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
bimmerchop, sorry to hear about your problems, partially because you've already been through a lot of grief, and partially because I got my car from the same dealer. It's hard to give specific advice not knowing all the details (for example, you say that the service manager refused to take a test drive with you---do you mean he told you to F off and don't come back, or was he just busy at the moment? And how exactly did you leave things when you left?)

Based on what you've said (along with a few assumptions) it sounds like you NEED this dealership to stand by work that they've already done. It also sounds like you're not playing nice with the service manager. If these are true, I would try to "start fresh", being polite and professional, explain the problem to the service manager (or general manager if there's too much bad blood with the service manager), tell him what you want done, and that you expect this to be covered entirely under warranty. Explain that there's no reason that a problem like this should not be covered. Tell him that the car has already had a lot of down time, and you would like the problem resolved as expeditiously as possible.

If the conversation remains at a professional and rational level, it would be difficult for someone to not agree to this. Personally, I would save all threats as an absolute last resort. No one wants to do business with or even deal with someone who's flying off the handle and making threats.

Good luck, and keep us posted on how it turns out!

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
xmas63 said:
bimmerchop, sorry to hear about your problems, partially because you've already been through a lot of grief, and partially because I got my car from the same dealer. It's hard to give specific advice not knowing all the details (for example, you say that the service manager refused to take a test drive with you---do you mean he told you to F off and don't come back, or was he just busy at the moment? And how exactly did you leave things when you left?)

Based on what you've said (along with a few assumptions) it sounds like you NEED this dealership to stand by work that they've already done. It also sounds like you're not playing nice with the service manager. If these are true, I would try to "start fresh", being polite and professional, explain the problem to the service manager (or general manager if there's too much bad blood with the service manager), tell him what you want done, and that you expect this to be covered entirely under warranty. Explain that there's no reason that a problem like this should not be covered. Tell him that the car has already had a lot of down time, and you would like the problem resolved as expeditiously as possible.

If the conversation remains at a professional and rational level, it would be difficult for someone to not agree to this. Personally, I would save all threats as an absolute last resort. No one wants to do business with or even deal with someone who's flying off the handle and making threats.

Good luck, and keep us posted on how it turns out!
When I say he refused to take a test drive with me, i mean i KINDLY kept asking him to just go for a test drive with me in the car to hear and feel the clunk, he refused, and i kept on KINDLY asking him, but he still refused, he said there would be no point in him doing so, this was bs, because when i brought my car in because of the subframe damage from the differential carrier in sept, he was the one who test drove my car.

I didn't out right yell at him or insult him or anything, i just expressed to him basically what you said, on how I was sick of coming in for the same problem, and how I wanted this resolved ASAP, and how they should cover it, not only bmw, but also the dealership because they gave me the dealership's warranty on the worksmanship.

I kept the conversation professional as u may call it, i didn't raise my voice, I started off very kind, and just changed the tone of my voice to let him know i was upset, I didn't make any threats or anyhting like that.

However, you say that if the conversation remains professional and rational, it would be hard for somebody to disagree with this. I completely agree with you, and thats what I did, HOWEVER, no matter how professional or rational I can be, They still see me as a punk 18 yr old with a BMW, and take me for a fool. And we all know how BMW dealerships love dicking over teenagers with BMW's. That's y I need all the help I can get.

They see a teenager, and automatically try to blame it on abuse, when it is just complete bs because i baby and pamper my car. I mean, sure, i'm like any other person, who might drive fast every once in awhile, but no more than what the average person would do. I try not to drive hard or abuse my car in any way ever since I got my car back from the dealership from when they first fixed it because they had blamed it on abuse with no proof once so ever. Their proof of abuse was that I am 18 with a BMW. What kind of proof is that????

·
Registered
535 Posts
Do you know how they repaired ,

the carrier the first time. Sounds to me that they might have just spot/tack welded around the broken subframe instead of buying you a new one and charged you a whole lot for labor hours.

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Re: Do you know how they repaired ,

Sean`02///325ci said:
the carrier the first time. Sounds to me that they might have just spot/tack welded around the broken subframe instead of buying you a new one and charged you a whole lot for labor hours.

yea, thats what they did, they just welded a new piece into the damaged subframe

1 - 20 of 33 Posts