E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I got my car out of the bodyshop 2 weeks ago and have now washed the car twice, afterwards, this is what both sides of my rear glass looks on the rubber parts:

Since I had a new trunk installed and rear bumper painted, several ppl have said its just 'buffing' compound that got on the rubber...But I've tried several cleaners and nothing works..some "dims" it, but after I wash the car, it looks like it has lepracy (sp?)..nasty!!

Please help!! :)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
is it all the way around the back window? Looks kinda like tape residue, is it sticky, or was it before you tried removing it with chemicals? I'ld say a little acetone on a rag with the tip of your finger to get the sticky stuff off, but god be careful not to get any of that crap on the paint, and it'll probably make the rubber turn ashy, then give it a rub down with silicon to bring back the shine

What color did you paint the car?? Looks almost like a faint purple tint or something

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone...

Yea, I might take it back and ask them...They are about 45 mins from my house, but I'll try that first..

BMWDon, no I have a steel grey 330i, but when you take pics, sometimes the color changes to purple-ish..haha.. No, the stuff isn't sticky at all...but when you rub your fingers over it, you can tell it's "raised", therefore its something that got on there...

Thanks again everyone for your help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.