E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I got nothin'
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's say someone bought some RD lowering springs ~55mm after installation and let's also say that same person was just about to jack up the car with floor jacks and begin removing the front wheels to start the project when this person noticed that the floor jack barely makes it under the side of the car now.

How else can this person raise the car to swap springs and still be able to lower it and not have to 'drive off' the jacks in some ******* fashion?

Where is there another jack point?

P.S. (I'm the guy that almost failed the IQ test by swapping the springs B4 I realized I wouldn't be able to get the jack out afterwards).

As part of this quiz, note that you have 2 hydraulic 2 1/2 floor jacks and 2 2-ton jack stands to work with.

Ready GO!

·
Yes...I do think I hate you
1,539 Posts
drive up unto some bricks, or 2x4's, then use the jack

·
I got nothin'
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, jack issue solved. Now tell me this. According to the BMW Service manual I have to pull the caliper assembly AND remove the ABS sensor. Is it really necessary to do all of this just to compress a spring, remove the shock, put on new spring, install and relieve the compression?

Am I 'overdoing' it going step-by-step in the manual?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts