E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
(*00)\{iii}l{iii}/(00*)
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wats the best out there cause there are so many versions ,an will i go crazy puttin em in ..im sure i will

·
I holla
1,509 Posts
spend ur mod money on a mod that won't have a new version out next week.

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
from one dae owner to a potention thing owner. Don't get it

·
Nymphomaniac
264 Posts
My advice is find someone with DAE's and DDE's (Gen5) and see for yourself. Pictures look great but nothing is better than to see the actual product.

I recently got the chance to do a side by side compare of my DDE's and FiberDesign DAE's. I really couldn't say much about them before because I did not have a chance to see DAE's in person.

DDE's White Rings, Gen IV rings and light box with a 50 Watt bulbs.

DAE's White Rings Gen III rings 35 Watt light box.

When I first installed installed the DDE's they were dim even at night. Then a week later the bulbs blew out. So I figured deffective bulbs. So got some replacement bulbs. Results were similar. A little brighter but can not be seen during the day. So a fellow fanatic and I made a custom light box using a MR16 50 Watt bulb. The day time results were better but not very bright. The nite time results were much better, with my xenons on the rings can be seen. I was happy with the results, but would like to be able to see the rings during the day.

During a recent E46 meet I met a member with DAE's Gen3, Before asking him to turn the lights on, I wanted to look at the Light box. To my surprise it was much bigger than the DDE's. He was still using the MR11 35 Watt bulbs. So I was expecting similar results, very dim rings during the day. On that particular day the sun was hidden behind clouds, so it was fairly cloudy. So I figured its not as bright so my DDE's could be seen compared to the DAE's.

When he turned on his DAE's it totaly blew me away. Not only were his rings very much like OEM but I could see them standing 2-3 feet away.

Now I really couldn't wait for the Gen5 DDE's but not sure if I want to spend the extra money to upgrade. The nite time results on my rings are fine. For those of you that upgraded from Gen 4 to Gen 5 I would like to hear your honest opinion. Was the upgrade really worth it?

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,457 Posts
Who's DAEs did you see?

tquach said:
My advice is find someone with DAE's and DDE's (Gen5) and see for yourself. Pictures look great but nothing is better than to see the actual product.

I recently got the chance to do a side by side compare of my DDE's and FiberDesign DAE's. I really couldn't say much about them before because I did not have a chance to see DAE's in person.

DDE's White Rings, Gen IV rings and light box with a 50 Watt bulbs.

DAE's White Rings Gen III rings 35 Watt light box.

When I first installed installed the DDE's they were dim even at night. Then a week later the bulbs blew out. So I figured deffective bulbs. So got some replacement bulbs. Results were similar. A little brighter but can not be seen during the day. So a fellow fanatic and I made a custom light box using a MR16 50 Watt bulb. The day time results were better but not very bright. The nite time results were much better, with my xenons on the rings can be seen. I was happy with the results, but would like to be able to see the rings during the day.

During a recent E46 meet I met a member with DAE's Gen3, Before asking him to turn the lights on, I wanted to look at the Light box. To my surprise it was much bigger than the DDE's. He was still using the MR11 35 Watt bulbs. So I was expecting similar results, very dim rings during the day. On that particular day the sun was hidden behind clouds, so it was fairly cloudy. So I figured its not as bright so my DDE's could be seen compared to the DAE's.

When he turned on his DAE's it totaly blew me away. Not only were his rings very much like OEM but I could see them standing 2-3 feet away.

Now I really couldn't wait for the Gen5 DDE's but not sure if I want to spend the extra money to upgrade. The nite time results on my rings are fine. For those of you that upgraded from Gen 4 to Gen 5 I would like to hear your honest opinion. Was the upgrade really worth it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts