BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive been looking around this here board, and the dtmpower board as well. and i must say, i am completely confused in terms of supercharger info. maybe it is because they all seem to be named with a few vowels ( :dunno: ) or what. but who makes applications for the E46 325ci? from what ive gathered, ESS seems to be popular, but the best is suposidly ASA from germany who is not yet inporting the system due to a lack of partners here. can anyone help me out on who makes them for my car, where can i get info (price, dealers) an each, from those who have them; durability and gains of any avail, and overall opinios/recomondations. thanks so much, sorry for any misspellings, i suck so much at keyboarding!!

oh yeah, what are the basic upgrades i would need to make to the car to prep it for a sc

·
The Achiever
1,778 Posts
ASA is available in the states, at GSM Motoren in north carolina... its a great system. I would definitely wait out for the Active Autowerke supercharger and see what they bring to the field.. worth the wait when you are spending that kind of dough

ESS is a reliable and good system, but maybe not the absolute best numbers out there... RMS sucks, as they always have... ASA is great, and ERT seems to be good but sometimes has a few problems

overall, if you want something NOW get ESS or drive to North Carolina and get the ASA kit

if you want to sit on it, wait for the AA, i'm convinced it will be nothing short of spectacular

1 - 5 of 5 Posts