BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna buy the H&R springs from this guy...

i just want to install the fronts... is that okay?

ill attach a pic of my car to show u why just the front... its cuz of my subs btw...

and the listed 2 inch drop for the sedans fromt he H&R race springs are b4 sports package right? so if i have sports package.. itll lower it less?

and here are the pics

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
Don't upgrade just your front springs, especially if it's a race spring. By increasing front stiffness without touching the rear spring rate, your car will probably understeer like nobody's business.

·
Registered
56 Posts
missing spring rates are not a good idea. I think coilovers would be best so that you can adjust your rear and front to your liking.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont have the money for coilovers...
do u think i should install both front and rear springs then... and then just take out my spare for rear weight reduction? with my car that low, i dont think i could jack up my car by myself anyways...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
u guys think i should go for the H&R sport or race springs?

and if i have the OEM sport suspension, it shouldnt drop my car as low as its advertised right?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Azn328i said:
u guys think i should go for the H&R sport or race springs?

and if i have the OEM sport suspension, it shouldnt drop my car as low as its advertised right?
It depends on what kind of ride you're looking for. The race springs are pretty agressive and I wouldn't recommend them if you live in an area with bumpy pavement.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Also know that H&R springs lower more up in the front then the rear for both sport and race springs... so from the looks of it after you'll have both front and back done it'll be a pretty even drop... something that a lot of people want to accomplish.

·
Registered
761 Posts
i have a set of h&r races for sale if ur interested drop me a pm

·
Registered
210 Posts
Azn328i said:
I wanna buy the H&R springs from this guy...
i just want to install the fronts... is that okay?

ill attach a pic of my car to show u why just the front... its cuz of my subs btw...

and the listed 2 inch drop for the sedans fromt he H&R race springs are b4 sports package right? so if i have sports package.. itll lower it less?

and here are the pics
You need the Audio Springs from Vogtland. They are designed for cars with a trunk full of audio equipment. According to my catalog, it's a 1.6" (40mm) drop. You can get them from PURE motorsport

1 - 13 of 13 Posts