BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
yo mama
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to go with 6.5's becuause they sound better than 5.25's. Which 6.5"s will fit into the stock location w/o adjustments?

JL Audio XR?

I have to be able to put it back to stock in the future.

oh yeah my bidget is limited... hoping for only $200.

80 watts each side.

·
yo mama
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but you have a coupe. I have a sedan & the mounting depth is more shallow... Anyone know the depth of the sedan front speaker location?

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,997 Posts
the 6.5 rainbows will not fit...someone else on this board is running rainbow pro in their sedan but its the 5.25 fit. i think us sedan owners got screwed on this:mad: actually, you can use rainbows speakers at 6.5. i believe they make a slim line of speakers with very shallow mounting depth. although, im not sure how good they sound...check them out at ampman, i think its called their slim line series or something....although, something tells me midbass might be lacking because of the slim magnet..but what do i know, i havent had a chance to listen to them:eeps:

·
yo mama
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I saw that slim line.. but I rather buy from a place that I can return if they dont fit.. so I'm stuck with Alpine, JL Audio, Boston Acoustics, MB Quart, & all the other Pioneer, Kenwood, Fosgate & Sony crap.

Help! what to do!! unless that is, I can get a definate answer that a speaker will drop in, then I would buy it online or elsewhere..

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,997 Posts
Delirium said:
yeah I saw that slim line.. but I rather buy from a place that I can return if they dont fit.. so I'm stuck with Alpine, JL Audio, Boston Acoustics, MB Quart, & all the other Pioneer, Kenwood, Fosgate & Sony crap.

Help! what to do!! unless that is, I can get a definate answer that a speaker will drop in, then I would buy it online or elsewhere..
yeah i know how you feel about the return policy. hmm..out of all that you mentioned, i think MB's have a set that would fit right in. gosh, unless im wrong....:dunno: just make sure the mounting depth is less than 65mm, i think..dont quote me on that...

·
yo mama
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
low, WE NEED TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS! Can anyone help? Do all of the audio nuts drive Coupes?

·
Registered
499 Posts
I bought Rainbow Pro 6.5's and had to echange them for 5.25's. The 6.5's would have required door modification. THe diameter was too large. I think the depth was okay if I remember right. I think JL makes a component set with a 6"woofer. All you need to make sure is that the woofer is 160mm or less and you'll be fine

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,997 Posts
i know another guy that runs 165k's but his installer had to do some mods to make them fit..what he did exactly, that i dont know....

·
Registered
409 Posts
guys, i think mb'q might be our best bet, though they will take a slight bit of mod. they're amazing spks. i'm going to buy a pair of psd's or dsd's and get bender's install guy to put them in - i'm tired of messing with it all...i'll let you know how it turns out!

·
hammer talks like this
4,221 Posts
Delirium said:
low, WE NEED TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS! Can anyone help? Do all of the audio nuts drive Coupes?
coupes is where its at!!! i should meet up wit TEX323i tomorrow and snap some pics... haha

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,997 Posts
abefroman said:
I bought Rainbow Pro 6.5's and had to echange them for 5.25's. The 6.5's would have required door modification. THe diameter was too large. I think the depth was okay if I remember right. I think JL makes a component set with a 6"woofer. All you need to make sure is that the woofer is 160mm or less and you'll be fine
how many watts you puttin into these bad boys?? what kind of amp?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts