BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Nintendo Chalmers
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..and it looks nice, but I see glare from the rear window around the defroster lines. Is this normal? Will it go away? It's friggin' annoying.

Anyway, I got Solargard charcoal (32% on two back doors and rear window, 47% on front two doors), and it looks pretty nice. Not too dark on my grey interior. I can't wait to be able to clean my windows...all these smudge marks, and the guy said to wait 5 days. I hope that glare will go away.... :sad:

·
is now a 2L! woot!
303 Posts
ohhh sweet~ got pics of it?

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,582 Posts
i still think the BMW rundel belnogs on her ass.

·
Super Nintendo Chalmers
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
:eek: Umm...pics will come soon, hopefully. I'll borrow my friend's digital. Lilherc, I was trying to get the roundel on her ass, but it ended up looking funny. Maybe I'll change it. :D

Anyway, any answer to the question? Oh yeah..and I don't like the look of the orange defroster lines... (complaints, complaints, complaints)..at least it was only $150

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,782 Posts
do u have the dot matrix ? i never did anything about it.. :sad:

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
leave the car in the sun....the heat will dry up any of the air bubbles and make the tint become more adhesive to the windows!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
the glare is a known problem. me and all my friends have the same thing. i heard to run the rear defroster it helps get rid of the moisture.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The glare's a normal problem, I also had some kind of "haze" when I got my tints done, they go away after a while. Depending on how the shop did your tints, it could take a couple hours to a day or two. Mine went away in about 4 or 5 hours, so just be patient, im sure it'll look perfect when it goes away. Another thing you want to pay attention to, is the top of your rear windshield. There's a bunch of small dots there , and you should take a squeegee, and keep pushing your tint up closer and closer to the window so that air bubbles don't form.

·
Registered
279 Posts
the glare is probably just dried up soap, itll go away when u clean em, just dont use windex or anything with ammonia.

btw, the roundel is fine,dont cover her ass

·
Registered
317 Posts
as Breyton3er says, this is a known problem. It might get a little better as the tints dry, but will not fully go away. Mine still has the glare on the defroster lines and my windows are clean. It does make night driving a little bit annoying when you've got a car behind you, but I've gotten used to it and had forgotten I even noticed it at first.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
hi just wait untill it dryies

you are in cold climate will take a little longer be patient
bobm3 ;) ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts