E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Law Enforcer
…’22 992 Carrera C2S arriving soon!!!
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Seriously, Savage BMW sucks ass! First I tried to buy two cars from them (in 01' & 02') and it seems that they didn't take me serious enough to want to keep my business. Their salesmen suck ass! BIG THUMBSUP :thumbup: to Shelly BMW!! Now, I called to inquire about an oil change for my M3. I wanted to change it between service recommended intervals just to make sure my motor stays in top notch condition. Oil is the blood of any motor! Hence comes my story.....

I call Shelly BMW, get a service quote (excellent by the way! :thumbup: ) for an oil change. $49.99! Reasonable to me. Now, I know some of you might say "Steve, bro, change your own oil", but I'd spend more than that just buying the oil & the filter. :D Anyways, I let the service advisor know that she was helpful, and I'd call back to make the appointment.

So I call Savage BMW because it's only about 15 miles from my house (if even that), and I wanted to avoid having to make a trip to Buena Park for an oil change. The Service advisor gets on the phone, and then puts me on hold for awhile. She then asks me what kind of car, etc, etc. THEN, she tries to talk me out of getting an oil change. I'm like WTF??? WHY would they try to talk someone out of an oil change? It's money for them, peace of mind for me....I don't get it! She states, "you don't even have 15k on the odometer and you don't need one." In my head I'm thinking, "who is this lady to tell me I don't need an oil change?? I didn't ask her opinion! She should just be giving me a quote, and scheduling an appointment". Now, she puts me on hold again, and here's the kicker......they want $150.00 to do an oil & filter change! WTF IS GOING ON HERE!!!????? So now I decide to do some research.

I called Riverside BMW, and I talked to their service advisor. He told me that for an M3, the oil change would be around $50-60 bucks, but it was pretty consistent w/ Shelly's Price. He told me that I really didn't need it, and that the oil seems darker because of carbides (?) or something due to the type of oil and the high performance motors in the M3. To make a long story short, he educated me a bit about the oil, and was very helpful. He did state that I didn't really need it, but he'd be glad to set me up for an appointment, etc etc. Overall, a pleasant experience.

Now, I call Savage back, and speak to a service manager. I then advise him of the prices at other dealers. He then says, "There is NO WAY I can do an oil change for that amount. I'd pay $100 in oil alone (Isn't oil $10 a bottle, and doesn't the M3 only need like 6 bottles???)". In any case, he said he'd research it, blah blah.....personally, their service sucks ass, and everytime I give them a chance at any type of business, they **** it up! Now I know why Shelly and a few other dealers always receive better ratings than they do. And let's not mention the time that I wanted them to activate my "clown nose" and blinking corner lights, and they were trying to charge me an arm & a leg for it, when Shelly was going to do it for free. I gave Savage the benefit of the doubt that time because I had bought the car at Shelly, so I assumed they'd do it for free, but still. Their service sucks ass.

Ok, I'm done venting fellas! Sorry for such a long post, but I had to get it off my chest.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Changing my oil costs me just over thirty bucks. A case of 6 quarts of mobil 1 synthetic is about $25-26 at walmart and the filters are around $4-5 from circle BMW. I'm sure the dealer gets all of this for even cheaper. That dude at savage was blowing smoke up your a$$. :thumbdwn:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts