BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to get 19x8.5 Front and 19x9.5 Rear.

235x35x19 Front
265x30x19 Rear

My question is what Brand of tire do you guys recomend???

I have always heard good stuff about the S03's but I dont think they come in these sizes?!?!

Need opinions....

·
Registered
230 Posts
Of those choices, I'd recommend the Yok AVS tires. Great tire, and fortunately available in those sizes.

The SSR GT3's are available in Silver, and in a Satin Silver finish.
Email me if you help with these.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Whatever you do, buy from discount tire, their warranty will save you a sh*t load...whenever I get my rims (geez...) that's where I'll be purchasing my tires. Nitto 555's are the ones I am shooting for, price and quality.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yoko AVS sport 255/40-17

Great wet tire, good dry, poor sidewall protection lip that never kept rim from rash anyhow, just spins like a wet noodle when the tires light up on a Porsche Turbo. Lean your arm out the window and a 3ft long noodles will whip you until you have rubber all over your arm. That sidewall lip is weak and looks silly when it flys off !

Purchased NEW 18" hollow spoke trip chrome turbo twists came with Nitto Extremes which I am impressed with. Nice sidewall to glaze and not bad at all on wet, no noise, thick rubber blocks outside (no ribbed rubber) which make no noise. And they are inexpensive like Toyo and Kumho and have more contact patch than Kumho and most Toyo (less grooves). Looks like a dry BF with more tread depth.

If you have money to burn, then check out Mich Pilot Sports, great wet and dry and long wear. 928 drivers go with these for mostly status, usually the deciding factor in most of the decisions they make. 928 tires burn exactly 2x faster on rear. I drive the 4banger turbo Pcar, I am more practical.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeh I guess I'll be getting the Nitto's since Mich Pilot's arnt avail in these sizes.

Anyone else have an option?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
"rumor has it" so still uncertain...look around the web, I'm sure you'd find something about it. I would do it for you...but I'm a lazy a$$...

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
578 Posts
MikekiM said:
Of those choices, I'd recommend the Yok AVS tires. Great tire, and fortunately available in those sizes.

The SSR GT3's are available in Silver, and in a Satin Silver finish.
Email me if you help with these.
Hey man,

Your price for SSR GT3's is much cheaper than tirerack's website price.

Buying 19x8.5 front, 19x9.5 rear from you ( www.purems.com )
is $168 cheaper than tirerack. :thumbup:

How is this possible when Tirerack is the sole U.S. importer/distributor of SSR GT3's?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Brandon_Ottawa said:

Hey man,

Your price for SSR GT3's is much cheaper than tirerack's website price.

Buying 19x8.5 front, 19x9.5 rear from you ( www.purems.com )
is $168 cheaper than tirerack. :thumbup:

How is this possible when Tirerack is the sole U.S. importer/distributor of SSR GT3's?

I was wondering the same thing.

Has anyone purchased from these guys before???

·
Registered
230 Posts
Tirerack IS the importer on these, however they don't necessarily offer the best prices. We do purchase our SSR's (just like Renn-Sport, and all other dealers) from Tirerack. We just have less overhead, and thus less markup.

BMWM3Power03 bought his through us.

Pics of his car

1 - 16 of 16 Posts