E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with Jim Conforti and to sum it up, he did not give a timeframe. What I gather is that his status for the shark injector has not changed from the last time he posted on e46fanatics.

So the info on the ECIS web site according what I got from Jim himself, only a few people knows what is going on and Sean @ ECIS not being one of them. So I gather ECIS is going on rumor.

I guess the shark will get here when it gets here unfortunately

:O(

Well I guess that means I will be getting a laptop afterall when my tax check comes unless I spring for a AEM intake and Dinan tranny chip instead. hmmm

·
P.I.M.P.
2,358 Posts
I don't understand why you guys are crying over software...personally i dont really care that much, and am not excited at all. It will give minimum gains, 7-8hp tops for 350 dollars+shipping....For that you can almost buy a gruppe m, or some other performance goodies like a flywheel....or if you have CAI and exhaust, just get Dinan stg 3 software. At least for me, software would be my last mod, since our cars come with adaptive ECU.

·
Banned
135 Posts
Kevin,

Maybe you should check with me before you post that I have no idea what I am talking about. Others have contacted me privately and I have told them everything that I know...which on this subject is coming from the horse's mouth; Jim Conforti.

I talk to Jim Conforti weekly, so I do know what is going on. The software is completed, but the SI module plastic (first run) is off and needs to be re-done. Is that what he told you? He is hoping to have it done shortly, but is at the mercy of the plastics manufacturer.

Sorry if I did not change the release date on the web site, but we have been very busy.

·
INDEED
1,115 Posts
well the shark looks like a steal compared to dinan prices, so I for one would be interested! :)

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hey Sean

Well if we were in a business world I would have checked with you first Sean. But alas, I have about 1 hour a day to look at such things as this web site and talk to vendors and read interesting tidbids that make me part of this fanatics group.

I'm not trying to counter what you are saying or negate the information you have. What I posted was a possible suggestion that you "ECIS" maybe going on rumor since as we both agree I did not talk to you. BUT I just talked to Jim Conforti who is the product manufacturer. Granted the information you just replied on this thread is correct BUT it is the same information Jim Conforti posted in a thread here himself also....SO

Based on what you just said, Jim's old post right here on e46fanatics.com, and me just chatting with him.... the status has not changed! The information is consistent throughout that Jim is still waiting on the part supplier to correct the housing and he is hoping to have it done shortly. Shortly being the operative word as this is what he's said all along. With that being said there is NO explicit date at least given to me by Jim Conforti on when the 325/330 Shark Injector would be done.

Here is a clip of what I received from Jim, quote:

"My update would seriously be for everyone to take a collective deep breath and relax a bit. I can't make the plastic/hardware come any quicker than it's coming. I wish it was here months ago, but that's just not happening. I don't know what "buzz" anyones hearing, but we've released no such info or dates."

I know one thing for certain though Sean. When the shark comes out, I certainly would get it from you since I know your price competitive AND your local! :thumbup: That is unless I get Jim to hook me up and I'll get a independent dyno out at Curries in Chantilly.

:)

Kevin,

Maybe you should check with me before you post that I have no idea what I am talking about. Others have contacted me privately and I have told them everything that I know...which on this subject is coming from the horse's mouth; Jim Conforti.

I talk to Jim Conforti weekly, so I do know what is going on. The software is completed, but the SI module plastic (first run) is off and needs to be re-done. Is that what he told you? He is hoping to have it done shortly, but is at the mercy of the plastics manufacturer.

Sorry if I did not change the release date on the web site, but we have been very busy.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I differ on that opinion

For one, the Shark is completely end user controlled and your not at the mercy of Dinans install cost $$, and its convenient. Also I don't know for certain but it is possible that the Shark could rival in performance to Dinan's stage 3 and still cost less.

Also adaptation can work against our cars performance to a degree. See my post on electronic throttle adaptaton reset procedures.

To me, software is the peanut butter in a PBJ sandwich. Without it, you've got the bread and jelly but it just doesn't taste the same since it has no foundation. You need software to gain control over wild adaptation swings the ECU will go through and possibly end up with negative performance.

K-DOG said:
I don't understand why you guys are crying over software...personally i dont really care that much, and am not excited at all. It will give minimum gains, 7-8hp tops for 350 dollars+shipping....For that you can almost buy a gruppe m, or some other performance goodies like a flywheel....or if you have CAI and exhaust, just get Dinan stg 3 software. At least for me, software would be my last mod, since our cars come with adaptive ECU.

·
P.I.M.P.
2,358 Posts
Re: Well I differ on that opinion

KevinJ_2k1_325ci said:
For one, the Shark is completely end user controlled and your not at the mercy of Dinans install cost $$, and its convenient. Also I don't know for certain but it is possible that the Shark could rival in performance to Dinan's stage 3 and still cost less.
I agree Dinan is MOSTLY a ripoff.(i am a huge Dinan hater)
However, correct me if i am wrong, but the dinan software, according to their website is 400 dollars(no install cost). Thats only 50 more then the shark, and even less if you count the shipping. Does the shark injector account for future mods??(ie if you add intake exhaust throttle body later) In dinan's case you only pay once, and if you get an exhaust, go and get stage 2 software for free. Thus, i don't get why you guys are waiting so patiently when the difference is less then 50 dollars.

PS. I think a short shifter for 300 dollars will make much more of a difference then software.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.