BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 325i automagic
2,066 Posts
Picture is blurry and hard to read ... having said that, none of the codes are current. They all have a yellow box indicating "fault not currently present". This is one of the quirks of using PA Soft. Active codes would have a red box next on the left.

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
11,158 Posts
Picture is blurry and hard to read ... having said that, none of the codes are current. They all have a yellow box indicating "fault not currently present". This is one of the quirks of using PA Soft. Active codes would have a red box next on the left.
These BMW Scanner 1.4 “not current” codes may be what INPA shows as “Pending”, not sure.

I usually clear codes and see which come back and under what circumstances. That tells you a bit about a given trouble code. An error code is like a child, it will come back if it wants attention. :lmao:

·
Registered
2004 325i automagic
2,066 Posts
These BMW Scanner 1.4 “not current” codes may be what INPA shows as “Pending”, not sure.
Good point. I always assumed they were 'historical' codes, but 'currently not present" might include pending. It couldn't hurt to clear them or to check with OBDFusion or some other obdII scanner for pending codes.

I usually clear codes and see which come back and under what circumstances. That tells you a bit about a given trouble code. An error code is like a child, it will come back if it wants attention. :lmao:
:rofl: "Are we there yet? No... Are we there yet? ..."

·
Shifting
32,037 Posts
Clear them all, see what comes back after a few drives. The exhaust ones I always had on my E46, never caused any issues.

You might need to replace your thermostat and just check the rear flap on the exhaust if your car has one. Might be jammed closed so you can take a screwdriver and hammer it at the edge of the flap to loosen it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts