E46 Fanatics Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 330xi Auto, 2006 330ci Vert Auto
518 Posts
Congrats on finding the source of the leak. As a reminder, since you have the intake manifold off, look around and see if there's anything obvious that you may want to replace that otherwise would be very difficult to get to. For example, crumpling vacuum hoses, CCV, etc. I mean it's less than 10 mins to replace the CCV with the intake manifold off :). Good luck.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
It's oil, checked under the UV light and matched it up with oil in the dipstick tube :). Secondly, as it's totally dry everywhere else I've determined that the leak is coming from the bottom seal on the vanos oil line, which I'll be promptly replacing! i'll let you know, thanks again for the help!
This pic says the coolant pipes are original old and need to be replaced now, or it will bite you in the B sooner or later.
Did you see any oil dripping on the vanos banjo bolt? How do you know the leak is not from OFHG? to be sure, remove the alternator and see if there is oil on some squares below but front of the banjo bolt. If yes then the leak from the banjo washers cannot get to front of them.
Do it once and do it right, or you will have to remove the intake manifold again.

Automotive tire Coil Motor vehicle Gas Automotive wheel system

21 - 22 of 22 Posts