E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Oil Filter Housing to Block - Torque Requirements

40K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jayd58 
#1 ·
Can anyone help me in determining the torque spec for the 6 bolts that hold the oil filter housing to the engine block?

I have the Bentley manual, and have referenced the forums, but failed to determine with certainty what the proper torque should be. The bolts are marked M 8.8. I'm crossing my fingers that the right answer matches what took me a few hours to complete.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry if im bringing this back from the dead , but I'm curious for an answer?

I just did my CCV and it turns out it wasn't leaking :(

I learned a lot though .. and consequently I have no problem tearing back in next weekend to replace the $7 oil filter housing gasket (part #11421719855 on my '02 330i). I wouldnt mind buying the whole unit either .. I just really hope it isnt the oil pan gasket. Thats a DIY I'm not ready to take on..........

Anyone know the torque specs?

#3 ·
Well, back in February I put my engine back together with a little fear of over-torquing the bolts. I cannot recall the torque used then, although I think it was 18Nm. Here I am, 8 months later, and I have another leak in the same area. (Arrrgghh!) I had read another thread that aluded to no documentation on the torque requirements, however, that individual torqued to 22Nm.
If anyone has some guidance on this, it would be most appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.