BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this is in here somewhere but i cant find it...anyone know if bmw service will change the oil and if it will mess up the on board computer?

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,178 Posts
Any dealership will change you oil outside of the service interval at your expense. It will not mess up the OBC.

·
mod bug resistant
622 Posts
Yes, you can get your oil changed before the scheduled service, and no, dealers usually do not reset your service indicator.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
AndyXXL said:
Yes, you can get your oil changed before the scheduled service, and no, dealers usually do not reset your service indicator.
Correct just go every 5k and have them change it at your expense and when the 15k hits they will do it under warranty:thumbup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't You guys get a free yearly oil change if You do not rich 15k in a year? Because according to my service manual I get a free oil change/year if the car doesn't rich the 15k limit.

/Dominik

·
Registered
199 Posts
yo

go buy an oil extractor and some filters from Bavauto.com should be about 7 bucks each or so , or you can get them from your dealer .. 7 quarts of oil should cost you 25 bucks with your Bmw CCA card or 28.50 with out it.
i would recommend changing the oil every 3K eventhough it states ever 15K miles .

·
Ballin'
2,503 Posts
dominik said:
Don't You guys get a free yearly oil change if You do not rich 15k in a year? Because according to my service manual I get a free oil change/year if the car doesn't rich the 15k limit.

/Dominik

I think you mean reach....and no I've never heard that, f that was the case, then what would be the sense of the 15k mark? I mean say after 1 year you reach 14,500, are they then going ot change it again at 15? No.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes, your dealer should do a free oil change at 1 year if you haven't reached 15,000 miles. Then they will reset your service indicator back to 15K.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts