E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
mod bug resistant
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I parked at work a few minutes ago, opened the door and immediately heard PSSSSSSSSSS. It didn't take me a while to realize that my left rear Blizzak LM-22 is loosing air. I also found some sharp metal piece sticking out of the tire.
Now my question is, would it be possible to vulcanize (or whatever you call it) the tire or will I have to buy a new one? :banghead:

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,661 Posts
this happen to me last month this is what you do

you can't get that tire anymore this year. they seem to send a total limit. once that is sold out you have to wait untill next year.
for the next year season in 2003.

just put a patch if it is possiable. untill you can buy a new tire.
thats all you can do.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
mod bug resistant
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The metal piece reminds me of a knife blade. It was so sharp I even cut my finger :cry: It's right in the middle of the tire, not the sidewall.
I am going to call a couple of tire repair places near my work and try to resolve the issue asap. With all the snow that we got in the past few days it would be impossible to drive on a summer tire. :sad:

·
mod bug resistant
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update

By the time I got back to my car the tire was completely flat. So I had to jack the car up and put the spare on. With all the dirt and snow I have no idea how I managed to stay clean. Then I drove to the nearest Shell gas station. A guy there put a plug in the tire for $15. What a morning.
Funny all my co-workers were driving by, looking at me trying not to mess up my dress pants and shirt, probably thinking "sucker". :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts