BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just a general thread asking why you picked your username/ the story behind it.

ill begin.

driving up north ive been driving alongside a e9x bmw with a U of I plate "wingman". him and i would be on the road at the same time very often, usually following one another moving through the slower traffic, so i decided to get my new firefighter plates as wngman(because i couldnt get 7 letters)(see sig). hence the username.

·
Registered
18,800 Posts
why did you choose that username?

This isn't my original name on here, however it's an old one I brought back from the dead.

Surrey is the town in England where the McLaren F1 was made, hence the F1 at the end

JJR4884 was my initials and DOB

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
The letters are the consonants in my name.

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
I took my username from my golfing days (I used to golf four days a week). At the Men's Club I belonged to, we would have weekly matches. One weekend we had a team match; teams of two competing against each other. Everything was well except my putting. For some reason, I couldn't sink a three foot putt to save my life. Finally, on the 17th hole, after missing another short putt, my partner yells "why don't you just take a hacksaw to that putter!" By the time I got to the clubhouse, everyone was calling me "Hacksaw" and the name stuck.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Well, whip is street slang for car; so B M W... is Be My Whip
Just came to me when I joined fanatics lol

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
A nickname I've been given since I was a Freshman in College. It is my DJ name, taken from the movie "Roll Bounce", and it stuck to my personality and charisma.

·
Registered
18,800 Posts
ive been thinking the same thing. i wanna know what some of the mods and oldtimers reasons are. or if they even remember
Very original if I might say

Russ330 - his first name
Tim330i - his first name
JonJon - his first name, twice
Craig - his first name
VaderDave - Vader + his first name
SolidJake - A substance or object that is solid rather than liquid or fluid, + his first name
[email protected] - his first name, his place of work
B - his first name initial

1 - 20 of 206 Posts