E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
541 - 560 of 931 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
The only problem I've had was the parking lights. When i took them off, front corners lit up and showed up bulb failure on the OBC. So i had to take the lights out of the housing and fix them under the hood somewhere. Is there a way to remove the bulbs completely without any "bulb failure" on dash?
They look great...you can wire a resistor I think, to fool the car into thinking
the parking lights are there.

I haven't bothered though, and left mine in place in the housing. They glow
up a little, but aren't really visable because the V2's are so bright.

Mine are 4300k, so are the same colour really as the parking light.

·
Site Sponsor
18,368 Posts
Just put my 6000K Umnitza Predator Orion V2's on... I've also painted the trims into matte black.
Even in the daylight, they are so bright!!!

The only problem I've had was the parking lights. When i took them off, front corners lit up and showed up bulb failure on the OBC. So i had to take the lights out of the housing and fix them under the hood somewhere. Is there a way to remove the bulbs completely without any "bulb failure" on dash?
those look great:)

You can use a diode or resistor.

·
Registered
267 Posts
can you please help me what kind of producer are these one? it should be 60 LEDs, but MyCarr it isnt, coz it has different color of wires...

·
Registered
267 Posts
yep... the V2 are more visible than Auroras... dont wanna make same flame... but you can see it on pictures above these... the Auroras are so thin ..that they are barely possible to seen.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hope you get it soon:)

E46 Orion V2 with 4300K for halogen lights:
Just what I was looking for! Almost.... Would you happen to have a close-up look at the stock halogens showing the fitment of the V2 4300's? Some of the AEs (not sure of brands) I have seen in person do not match up properly with the stock halogen bowls. For instance-There are unsightly gaps between the ring and the refector bowl. Is that a product of improper installation? Bad product design? Something else?

I am looking for a 4300K AE product that fits the circumference of the stock halogen bowls perfectly.

Thanks!
-GCoop

·
Site Sponsor
18,368 Posts
Just what I was looking for! Almost.... Would you happen to have a close-up look at the stock halogens showing the fitment of the V2 4300's? Some of the AEs (not sure of brands) I have seen in person do not match up properly with the stock halogen bowls. For instance-There are unsightly gaps between the ring and the refector bowl. Is that a product of improper installation? Bad product design? Something else?

I am looking for a 4300K AE product that fits the circumference of the stock halogen bowls perfectly.

Thanks!
-GCoop
Sorry don't have any with the xenons on, but stock xenons will be a little more blue than those pictured here:

Improper installation has a lot to do with correct looking rings on the reflector bowl. It's designed to match the trim ring inside, not the actual reflector bow.

This is a halogen setup:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts

Thanks!
-GCoop
This is what EAS Auroras look like correctly installed with stock Sedan/Wagon facelift halogen bowls. The rings are designed to match the high beam refector bowl, so they do look smaller on the larger halogen low beam refector bowls. Because Orion V2s are smaller in diameter than EAS Auroras or any of the MyCarr products, the "unsightly gaps between the ring and the refector bowl" would actually look worse with V2s.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
This is what EAS Auroras look like correctly installed with stock Sedan/Wagon facelift halogen bowls. The rings are designed to match the high beam refector bowl, so they do look smaller on the larger halogen low beam refector bowls. Because Orion V2s are smaller in diameter than EAS Auroras or any of the MyCarr products, the "unsightly gaps between the ring and the refector bowl" would actually look worse with V2s.

:bow:
Thanks for that UncleDon! This is just the type of close-up view I was looking for. Those look pretty good. I wish there were some that matched the low beam bowl as good as they do the High beams.

If anyone else has shots like these of other brands please put em up or point me to their whereabouts if you dont mind. :thanks:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
:rolleyes:
Orion V2 have no "unsightly" lines.
They have a perfect fit exactly as they should be.
....and I can discern this from that picture, HOW???

It seems I need to be a little more direct here....:rolleyes:

You have posted that picture numerous times (in this thread alone) I have seen it. It obviously doesnt show me what I wanted to see or I wouldnt have posted my request.

As a potential customer of yours what I would expect from you would be an answer to my question.

I believe I have made it clear I am looking for a CLOSE-UP view of the V2s (4300K prefered) on facelift stock halogen reflector bowls. So that, I can DECIDE FOR MYSELFif there are any "Unsightly" (My Opinion) gaps between the two circumferences.

OK Knowing that--this is where I would have expected you to reply back with something along these lines:
  • A picture showing what I am looking for (posted or in a PM if you dont want the world to see that image)
  • "Ill try to find you one"
  • A statemt saying sorry I dont have an image like that.
  • Here is the closest thing I've got

As it stands now from a potential customer standpoint is that I have to infer from your responses is that you are trying to hide something. I am not saying that you actually are hiding something, mind you, but as a "defensive consumer" it is what I have to infer

There is no doubt that the V2s are a nice product. I just need to make sure they will meet my needs in this particular application.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
541 - 560 of 931 Posts