BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
this car looks like a fukcing bat mobile (don't get me wrong I still like and appreciate it), this is NOT a sleeper.

A good example of a sleeper is an Audi A6 (4B) 2.7 BiTurbo. This car can easily reach 350hp with just a software flash and it looks like any other old A6on the road.

The Mercedes W124 500E is another prime example of an ultimate 80's sleeper. Only small clues gave away it's true identity.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i beg to differ! this is the 190e evo 2 ;) pretty much a dtm car in a everyday car body hehe they only build 500 of them so they could enter this car into the 1990s dtm races and ludwig took many dtm titles in this car

but yes i do agree the w124 is a true sleeper, so is the a6 you were talking about. so awesome seeing random cars shitting on all these new bmws and mercedes :p

·
Ironman
01 330iT 6MT, 98 M Roadster
5,058 Posts
I had a nice sleeper. An Infiniti G20 with factory turbo engine with some nice mods to bring power up a little and driveability up a LOT (UD pulleys, low mass flywheel, coatings, extrudehone) not to mention coilovers and a few other sweet mods. Sweet car until someone nailed me and totaled it. Of course that is when I bought my E46 so I'm not complaining.

I did an article on the swap for Sport Compact Car. Six months after getting hit, the features editor called me to include it in a feature article on sleepers. :cry:

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
i beg to differ! this is the 190e evo 2 ;) pretty much a dtm car in a everyday car body hehe they only build 500 of them so they could enter this car into the 1990s dtm races and ludwig took many dtm titles in this car

but yes i do agree the w124 is a true sleeper, so is the a6 you were talking about. so awesome seeing random cars shitting on all these new bmws and mercedes :p

Thanks for the history lesson, but growing up in germany leads to knowing about this Car before being able to spell the word car, and even my grandma would be able to tell you that it's an evo II :lmao:

The evo I might be able to pass for a sleeper, but an evo II is about as low key as Heidi klum walking down times square naked... Not a sleeper sry...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the history lesson, but growing up in germany leads to knowing about this Car before being able to spell the word car, and even my grandma would be able to tell you that it's an evo II :lmao:

The evo I might be able to pass for a sleeper, but an evo II is about as low key as Heidi klum walking down times square naked... Not a sleeper sry...
yeah thats true haha its kind of different in the united states... nobody even knows about these cars... its sad haha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts