BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW F30 3 series iPhone 5 testing

We set out to test how the iPhone 5 will work with the F30 3 series. Millions of iPhone 5s will be arriving in expecting customers hot hands tomorrow, and of course many iPhone 5 owners are also BMW owners. One of the biggest improvements the F30 3 series has over the E90 is it's technology, including phone integration. So far the iPhone 4 and 4s has worked well, how will the iPhone 5 with the new iOS 6 operating system work?

Our new iPhone 5 will be arriving tomorrow and we will begin thorough testing with the F30Driver project 328i. Stay tuned for more information!

·
Registered
28,973 Posts
Interested to see..

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
BMW F30 3 series iPhone 5 testing

We set out to test how the iPhone 5 will work with the F30 3 series. Millions of iPhone 5s will be arriving in expecting customers hot hands tomorrow, and of course many iPhone 5 owners are also BMW owners. One of the biggest improvements the F30 3 series has over the E90 is it's technology, including phone integration. So far the iPhone 4 and 4s has worked well, how will the iPhone 5 with the new iOS 6 operating system work?

Our new iPhone 5 will be arriving tomorrow and we will begin thorough testing with the F30Driver project 328i. Stay tuned for more information!
So what were the test results? Does the Project 328i have Technology Package with Smartphone Integration? What's the scoop?

·
Mod Junkie
1,093 Posts
The iPhone 5 has been working just fine in the car other than the iPhone cradle accessory no long accepting the larger phone and that is a huge disappointment since it was a nice way to keep the phone charged up in the car. While I have not been able to do exhaustive testing, I was able to do just about everything that I had been able to do with the iPhone 4 in the Project 328i.

The most interesting finding is that in regular use now, I play audio through bluetooth in the car since it does not require any additional work when getting in and out of the car. Set up a playlist and start playing...stop somewhere...when you get back in the car it just knows that you want to pick up where you left off.

If there is anything specific that you want to know if it works, I'd be more than happy to go try it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
messages?

My iPhone 5 works pretty good. I can put calls through as expected, I can stream audio and the music controls in the BMW work pretty well. Google maps navigation on the iPhone will even play back over the car's audio system so I don't miss the BMW navigation that I didn't pay for. However, I'm not able to get messages to work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. According to the BMW website, text messages and emails through office are not supported with the iPhones - only some droid phones (at least with Verizon as the provider). I find that disappointing and I'm hoping for an update of some kind to remedy that. Are any of you able to get messaging working with the iPhone?
-Trevor

·
Registered
238 Posts
My iPhone 5 allows me to view messages through the iDrive screen, and the car will read them out. Emails do not work, however.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts